Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #211  
Mark. I LIKE it!
Thanks... a bit of a project. The original legs bloated (due to water inside and freezing?) Had to gouge out and fill weld for aesthetics. The original top was thin... 3/16in and in sorry shape so cladding with a 1/4in A36 was the ticket. Thank goodness for my QA forks on my little BX, this project didn't bother my back the least. Work smarter not harder... at this age I really have no choice.

/ Todays shop time. #212  
Thanks... a bit of a project. The original legs bloated (due to water inside and freezing?) Had to gouge out and fill weld for aesthetics. The original top was thin... 3/16in and in sorry shape so cladding with a 1/4in A36 was the ticket. Thank goodness for my QA forks on my little BX, this project didn't bother my back the least. Work smarter not harder... at this age I really have no choice.

Well done on the table.

That's the beauty of getting older; you get smarter by default. At least most do. :laughing:

/ Todays shop time. #213  
Only spoons, forks or knives are used, all hand formed and stainless Steel welded.

MrC.

Attachments

• IMG_20130816_081834_971.jpg
    IMG_20130816_081834_971.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178
  • double bass.JPG
    double bass.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20130812_075552_059.jpg
    IMG_20130812_075552_059.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20130429_224053_478.jpg
    IMG_20130429_224053_478.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 20170604_224717.jpg
    20170604_224717.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 184
   / Todays shop time. #215  
Really nice work!! Wish I had an artistic eye. I have trouble drawing stick men....

/ Todays shop time. #216  
Finally finished up the restoration of my Wilton 400 swivel vice. This was a bonus that was mounted to the shop table I won at an online auction. The vice was actually in pretty good shape. Several coats of paint over the original (red, then a horrid bright green, and a matte chocolate brown. I had to use an epoxy paint spray on stripper to get the stubborn top coat off! The rest came off with via sandblasting. I was almost able to save the original paint but didn't realize the paint stripper pretty much left it intact before I blasted several pieces down to bare. Oh well. Found a 'verde green' hammered rattle can on line that is very very close to OEM color.

IMG_0017 2.jpg

Still need to polish up the handles a bit with finer grit but couldn't wait to get it back together.

Last edited:
   / Todays shop time. #217  
I needed one reamer to size the hole for a sleeve on the auger drive for the snowblower on the Bolens.

The 3/4" reamer was dull of course. So I had to sharpen ALL the reamers in the drawer. About 20 of then between 5/8" and 1-1/4". Took a few hours on the T&C grinder. But now I am pleased that all those tools are dusted off and ready to go.

I still need to broach the keyway in the sleeve. I could not put my hands on a 5/8" boring bar to fit a broaching tool to. I thought I had one...thought wrong. 3/4" in a 3/4" bore leaves no room for chips.

I'll get the blower off the saw horses yet!
;-)

/ Todays shop time. #219  
I cut out another one of these half cord firewood boxes in the shop, then build them on my equipment trailer as it's at the perfect height to build on,

standard.jpg

Here it is, all ready to be filled with firewood splits, then to be moved with the tractor, to be used later, after the splits are dry...

SR

/ Todays shop time. #220  
I cut out another one of these half cord firewood boxes in the shop, then build them on my equipment trailer as it's at the perfect height to build on,

standard.jpg

Here it is, all ready to be filled with firewood splits, then to be moved with the tractor, to be used later, after the splits are dry...

SR

Sawyer Rob, what is the dimensions of those? Pressure treated wood I assume?
I'd like to build a couple also that I want to load down in the back 40 and bring up to the house later as needed.