Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #371  
I've got 3 treadmills I intend on converting into a wood conveyor. Although the intended use wouldn't be moving wood into the house.

I had to chuckle at this. I get harangued by my arthritis doc that I work too hard and don't get enough conventional exercise. So instead of walking on my treadmill, it sits and gathers dust while I average 2 to 5 miles a day. Maybe I can repurpose it too...;)

/ Todays shop time. #372  
"Let there be light"

I had a double head ceiling mount dentist light fixture that I finally got around to mounting. I separated the units and fabbed up new wall mounts.

View attachment 528885

View attachment 528886

I went to the dentist last Fri. and those lights are bright, sun glasses are required. So you going in the dentistry field to, hope your up to date on epoxy tooth welding................

/ Todays shop time. #374  
Fixed the power cord thang, couple other adjustments - looks like I wuz off on my weight estimate - only 97.5 lbs :rolleyes: Hadn't used the small crane scale for quite a while, looks like I'm gonna hafta open it up and find out what kind of battery it takes - won't work unless it's plugged in... Steve

So you say, show me instead with a better picture and I'll let you know if you fixed the power cord thang, your telephone pole might not be space out right. The lift does look to be on a swing around jib crane, I must've missed that build, how'd that happen.

I was thinking of one of those power lifts on my Jib crane but at the time they was just a little to much$$$, I'll revisit that idea at a latter date, chainfalls at $50.00 was more affordable and more portable. I had to mark UP/DOWN on it so I know which way to yank the chain

/ Todays shop time.
I had to chuckle at this. I get harangued by my arthritis doc that I work too hard and don't get enough conventional exercise. So instead of walking on my treadmill, it sits and gathers dust while I average 2 to 5 miles a day. Maybe I can repurpose it too...;)

I've already laughed at that one. Most people use a treadmill to create work. I intend on using it to save work.

/ Todays shop time. #376  
I've already laughed at that one. Most people use a treadmill to create work. I intend on using it to save work.

Make certain you have it going in the right direction otherwise the firewood will keep coming back at you.

/ Todays shop time. #377  
"Fixed the power cord thang"

Here ya go - thought I posted the "mini-jib" build on here, but I'll add a few pics... Steve DSCN2903.JPGDSCN2904.JPGDSCN2906.JPG

Amish cad and a few more -

BTW, ZERO mods to the HF pickup crane, just don't USE a couple of the pieces...

Attachments

• DSCN1917.JPG
    DSCN1917.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN1926.JPG
    DSCN1926.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN1929.JPG
    DSCN1929.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN1930.JPG
    DSCN1930.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN1945.JPG
    DSCN1945.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN1948.JPG
    DSCN1948.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 141
   / Todays shop time. #378  
I would not bet my life on HF engineering...please be careful with that crane until you prove it out.
pics were great

/ Todays shop time. #379  
Thanks, glad you like -

"I would not bet my life on HF engineering" -

Nor do I :rolleyes: - they rate that crane at 500# with boom fully extended and 1000# at shortest position - my general rule of thumb with their stuff is to cut their rating in HALF, then try to keep it at half of THAT most of the time :D

The crane's mounted to a steel table that weighs around 500# - that table is ALSO clamped to my 3'x7'x1" thick, 800# table - I weigh about 190 fully dressed, and have swung/bounced my weight at the outer end of the jib and nothing moved or flexed.

Heaviest thing I've lifted so far weighs a little over 100#, and no intentions of doing anything more than maybe 200.

In fact, it's worked so well I plan on doing a nearly identical one for my milling machine - I have an 8" rotary table with a 6" chuck attached, an auxiliary angled table and a 6" Kurt vise that get swapped out depending on need, and that size jib will let me keep those on the roll-around cart they're stored on and swap back and forth without wishing they were lighter. When THAT project makes it to the top of the list I'll take the mill off the shipping pallet it came on, and make a "pallet-jack friendly" base for it that'll incorporate a mount platform for the crane (using the 1000# mill for a counterweight)

Spending the last 35 years in heavy industry taught me quite a bit on how to survive this type of operations, and a healthy dose of pessimism is a large part of it... Steve

/ Todays shop time. #380  
I had one of those bolted to a dual axel trailer that I used for years, until I got the tractor. It lifted 400lb outboards fully extended all the time without failure, course I never put any personal parts under them;)