Toggle Switch Location and Power Source

/ Toggle Switch Location and Power Source #1  

moship

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST 4x4 Kubota L4740-3 HST
Looking for suggestions from the community.

In the process of attaching a snowblower to a new-to-me L4740-3 Cab tractor. A DPDT toggle switch is needed to control chute deflection and was wondering if anyone had some good ideas where to mount the toggle switch and if a spare 12 volt supply is available in the cab/dash. Only need 3 amps or so for the electric deflector.

FYI... Tractor is equipped with F/R auxiliary lights, F/R wipers and Rear defogger so all the switch locations are consumed in the overhead panel.

Pictures would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Toggle Switch Location and Power Source #2  
My L3200 & L4060 have had a plug under the driver's side rear fender or pokeing out from under the pillar over that fender inside the cab. I believe most Kubotas have them. Think it's on a 10@ or 15@ circuit. Don't remember if it's shared with anything else. I believe it's labeled as aux or something in the fuse box.

Original 2 pin Power connector for VHF/UHF Power cords - Power source side | Powerwerx is the connector, don't remember if you need the male or female one. It's a common HAM radio plug type.

/ Toggle Switch Location and Power Source
Thanks Fallon!

The wire was poking out near the bottom of the pillar and indeed it looks to be the correct connector. Picture of plug location below.

Checked the voltage and 12 volts is supplied in the Run position. Off at every other key switch position. This will work for what I need. Added in Edit: The wire looks to be shared with the cigar lighter & rear work light and is protected by a 20 amp fuse.

I'll mount a switch near the plug location as a through hole is already located nearby and the switch isn't used that often.

Ran 14 gauge wire from the front of the tractor to inside the cab encasing it in wire loom. Traced the current wiring looms to ensure it doesn't get snagged.

It certainly would be nice if the Kubota engineers were a bit more forward thinking and consider making provisions for some of the accessories they sell. It wouldn't take much effort to provide a few switch knock-outs and to provide a few power wires from the current fuse box. There are three unused (unwired) locations in the current fuse box.

Attachments

• 12 Volt Supply Left Side of Cab Bigger.JPG
    12 Volt Supply Left Side of Cab Bigger.JPG
    576.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited: