Tonneau Cover thoughts?

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts? #41  
I do like the durability of the harder flip type covers, but I didn't like how they dont sit tight to the window at the bottom, Also they block the window completely. I don't need the window for road view when I am hauling, because if I need to open the cover to fit whatever, then that whatever is taking up the entire bed and the view of the other cars out that window anyway, like a 4 wheeler. The soft roll up version tucks away completely to the rear window so no lost space at all, and if I'm moving something that doesn't take up the whole window, like firewood, I can keep an eye on the load out the window or the tarp, or the straps etc. But I do sacrifice that extra security and load rating of the hard covers.

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts? #42  
I do like the durability of the harder flip type covers, but I didn't like how they dont sit tight to the window at the bottom, Also they block the window completely. I don't need the window for road view when I am hauling, because if I need to open the cover to fit whatever, then that whatever is taking up the entire bed and the view of the other cars out that window anyway, like a 4 wheeler. The soft roll up version tucks away completely to the rear window so no lost space at all, and if I'm moving something that doesn't take up the whole window, like firewood, I can keep an eye on the load out the window or the tarp, or the straps etc. But I do sacrifice that extra security and load rating of the hard covers.
I've seen some soft ones flapping on the highway and the pain of the snaps. My hard top is 99% dry underneath but yes, the one issue is that it blocks the rear window when folded but like you said, it'd likely be blocked by the big item anyways.

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts? #43  
Yeah, I wouldn't get one with snaps on the sides, just not worth it!!

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts? #44  
It would be helpful if folks included the brand and model when talking about their covers - especially when you are talking about one you really like.

I need a cover mainly to keep out rain, snow and leaves from the bed of my Tacoma. (It would be helpful if it can stand up to the occasional heavy snow load.) Security is less of an issue for me - just getting things out of sight is usually good enough, I can lock the valuable stuff in the cab. Most of the time, I can live without use of the full bed, but I do want one that is quick and easy to remove for when I need the full bed. A few mentioned on here sound interesting (though I'm not about to spend $2000+ on a 2009 truck that does not get used all that much).
I put a Tonneau Pro on my 2018 tundra - inexpensive $250 and it doesn't leak and handles snow loads too. It's a two minute job to fold up to haul larger stuff, and 5 minutes to take on/off. https://www.tonnopro.com/tri-fold-bed-covers

I had a Leer cap on my old Tundra - like it but it was a PIA to take on/off on the occasion I needed to haul something tall.

Was going to get another Leer cap for my 2018 Tundra so I didn't want to invest a lot in this Tonneau cover but now think I will just stick with this cover - has done the job at a low cost.

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts? #45  
I have the same tri-fold tonnopro vinyl covered hard top tonneau cover on my truck.

Absolutely love it. Installs and removes in a couple minutes. Just two clamps down by the cab and two more clips by the tail gate.

Easy to use. Has a couple straps to lock it in the folded position if you need to use part of the bed.

Most everything I've hauled though fits easily under the cover. And it's great when hauling the family on a trip since you can lock your luggage in the bed of the truck.

20211121_134139.jpg
20211121_134216.jpg
20211121_134254.jpg
20211121_134238.jpg

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts? #46  
That Tonneau Pro looks almost identical to the factory Ford cover, which I find to be excellent. It wouldn't surprise me if they were the supplier for Ford.

/ Tonneau Cover thoughts?
Last night, I pulled the trigger on a tri fold, actually, I think its a quad fold, soft cover with frame. Price was around $280 with shipping.

Previous trucks, I always had a diamond plate tool box, and on work trucks had caps, tool boxes, and hard tonneau covers. I went about 5 or 6 years without a truck, just SUVs and then company work truck, and when two years ago, I got this truck, I decided to not put a tool box on it. I had a plastic tote with tie down straps, jumper cables, channel locks, duct tape and screw drivers; i don't drive my personal truck to work anymore, so I didnt want a tool box with 500# of misc tools and junk, if im not working out of it. View attachment 720776
If anyone cares, as a 2 year (almost) update, the cover still does great. The lock levers can be just a bit annoying when you roll/flip it up. As in, you unlock back left, walk over, unlock back right, and the when you lift, the left one is kinda hanging up on lip of the bed; then repeat with the middle ones. Only a minor irritation, and doesn't mater if you climb into the bed to fold it up. I would say, over last 2 years, I keep it closed probably 80% of the time, and makes family trips way easier. I would buy again. No sagging, no rot, no weathering, still latches like new; and I haven't completely removed the cover a single time, when folded up, you only have about 27" at the back of the cab covered, and I tend to deal with long loads far more then tall loads.