Torn between two Models :(

/ Torn between two Models :( #1  

Indian MC

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
Hello everyone!
1 acre of land, 1st tractor. ( I did have a 1969 cub cadet rider when I was a Lad ). And my Dad had a Farmall.:eek:
I Will be redoing the lawn on my property, some destruction, stump digging, bolder removal, filling in and snow removal for the driveway.
I have narrowed it down to the BX25 or the the B2650 Cab.
Do any of you folks who didn't purchase a Cab model ever regret it? ( The heat and dryness of the Cab during snow fall has to be nice).
My property.does have a few 25% grades, The 2650 looks like she would tip easier? Not sure.
If I go with the B2650 I won't be able to afford a hoe right off, and I have a bunch of work for the hoe. :(
The dealer claimed that with the B2650, I am chancing it running atop any leach fields / septics ( Thoughts?).
I would hate to purchase the 25, freeze my butt of this winter and regret it. I have been using A snowblower for the last 20 years, though I I've been told you will will feel the cold more with an open tractor - Feet will freeze etc as you are sitting down on a tractor and not moving around like you do with a Snow thrower.

Thoughts? Do any of you folks wish you would have went with one or two less implements at first and gone up a notch to the next heavier tractor / Cab etc?

Thanks everyone!

/ Torn between two Models :( #2  
People tend to give the advice of find the tractor you want and then go up a size. However for an acre of property the BX25 will serve you well and weight wise will be less imposing. The BX25 loaded as a tlb seems to be a popular model for the price point. Is a soft cab an option, I think I've seen them around 900 around here. The other nice thing is it's removable, another advantage if clearance is an issue. I personally take care of 6+ acres with a scut. We have horses, two lawns, two gravel driveways, etc. Moved snow with my loader only just fine, I'm planning on getting Edge Tamers to help preserve the gravel driveways better. It all comes down to what you want in the end. Good Luck Donnie.

/ Torn between two Models :(
Thanks, the Kubota website doesn't help much.
I know I'm a newbie, but it seems pretty general that tractors are about weight and hp comparisons. Their Website doesn't list the Tractor weights. I realize FEL's and the BH's add to weight, though, you would think they could list the weights with standard Agricultural tires without any implements. No info on what's included in the Cab. I googled a bit, and I'm guessing you have Heat, along with A/C, and wiring for a radio. I would rather learn what I can from you folks on the net, then to hold the belt loops of a sales guy dashing around a lot looking at several tractors hoping that I asked every question. I would like to be 99% decided when I go to the dealer. Plus they are better than an hour away.

/ Torn between two Models :( #4  
On a smaller machine I don't believe AC is available. Try tractordata.com to get some info. Theirs tons of knowledgeable Kubota people here and will chime in soon. Donnie

/ Torn between two Models :( #5  
Thanks, the Kubota website doesn't help much.
I know I'm a newbie, but it seems pretty general that tractors are about weight and hp comparisons. Their Website doesn't list the Tractor weights. I realize FEL's and the BH's add to weight, though, you would think they could list the weights with standard Agricultural tires without any implements. No info on what's included in the Cab. I googled a bit, and I'm guessing you have Heat, along with A/C, and wiring for a radio. I would rather learn what I can from you folks on the net, then to hold the belt loops of a sales guy dashing around a lot looking at several tractors hoping that I asked every question. I would like to be 99% decided when I go to the dealer. Plus they are better than an hour away.

Better get some seat time as you may not like the layout or controls. Shop around and compare some makes and models.

/ Torn between two Models :( #6  
Better get some seat time as you may not like the layout or controls. Shop around and compare some makes and models.

X2

I'd not be concerned about the septic field for occasional traffic with either of those tractors (especially with industrial or turf tires).

Without a/c a tractor cab will be hot as heck in the summer. :2cents:

/ Torn between two Models :( #7  
Weight of the b2650 cab is 2293 lbs and it does have a/c.
Look at the eBrochures on the Kubota site, it'll be listed in the model your looking at and has the specs in it.

/ Torn between two Models :( #8  
X2

I'd not be concerned about the septic field for occasional traffic with either of those tractors (especially with industrial or turf tires).

Without a/c a tractor cab will be hot as heck in the summer. :2cents:

Don't worry about leach lines with either of these tractors unless they were improperly installed.
I bought land and a BX2200 FEL MMM. I hand/chain saw cut down small trees for almost a month. Had a man with a dozer come and level my site for house. While he was there I had him clear the rest of the trees arounbd the house and clean up the trees I had cut down leaving the stumps. He did in 3 hours or so what owuld have taken me months to do plus he removed all the stumps.
I bought the BX22oo as a lifetime mower with expensive wheelbarrow on the front with no idea of it's real tractor capabilities. I was shocked and impressed but I was having ground clearance issues. After one year I traded it to a new B7800 FEL rear finish mower and bought a BX1500 MMM for mowing. I live on a hillside with rocks, trees, gullies and a small bit of level land. Over the years I've bought several Kubota only tractors, Kubota F mowers, Kubota RTV and Kubota Zero turns. I owned a BX25 a few years ago and liked it except when I turned it over. I bought a B2620 FEL BH and liked it. I later traded the B2620 FEL BH to a new BX25D-1 which I hated since it would not stop like all the (18) other Kubota HSTs did when the go forward foot pedal was released. I traded it to a new GEHL Skid Steer which was a bad move for a near finished yard hillside property, especially in the snow. I sold the SS and recently bought a new B2650 FEL. Nevr owned a cabed Kubota and rarely ever wanted one since our winters are not that severe here in Ky.
Stump digging with a BX or even a B Kubota will be aa chore unless the trees are small. Not saying they won't do it but it will take a lot of time. I've hired people with appropriate equipment to come do jobs for me over the years. Like dozers and tracked/big tired front in loaders and one man used a heavy duty skid steer to do a couple big jobs. Small tractors are not commercial excavation machines. They are capable machines for what they are designed for. Weight and HP are major factors of a tractor depending on the landscape and jobs you want them to do. Big isn't always better, it's just bigger. I owned one L3240 Kubota and it scared me on the hillsides and I traded it back to a B3200 FEL fairly quick a few years ago.
The BX25 is a great home landscaping/yard maintenance tractor after the heavy grunt work is done if you value your time at all. I never used either BX25 for lawn/yard mowing. I use Kubota Fs for mowing and a couple of Kubota Zs. The best tractor mower was the BX1500 MMM but not as good as the Zs on level land or certainly not in the same league as the Fs on level or steep hillside.
There are several comparison reports between BX and B Kubotas written by some of us that have owned both machines and actually going back and forth between them depending on our needs that can and often times do change. I did a side by side eval of a BX2660 and B3200 at one time when I owned both of them at the same time. I usually don't recommend searching past posts here but I now do for you.

/ Torn between two Models :( #9  
When I was upgrading from a BX 25 ( older model ) to a "B" series tractor a year or so ago I looked at the cab version and while the A/c was very appetizing I did not get one as I use a sprayer with a hand nozzle a lot to keep from bar spraying my wife flowers and I would have to have the glass doc open and subject to damage for this task. I find the "B" series with its increased power and ground clearance is a plus. I am about to buy a mid mower for it to handle larger jobs but most of my mowing is with a Kubota diesel ZD with a 54" deck

Again the cab model is great but I would first analyze all your work tasks to make sure the door will not be a hinderance. By the way I borrowed one when I was looking and the A/C and dust protection was great

/ Torn between two Models :( #10  
A B 2650 with the cab and BH is essentially twice the cost of the BX 25. If you have the money, go for it, and live in luxury! (According to the Kubota website, the cab on the B 2650 is fabulous.). Just be aware, however, that the FEL on the B 2650 is 5 feet across, where as the FEL on the BX 25 is only 4 feet, so getting into tight spaces is going to be easier with the BX 25.