Tractor Brands Market Share

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #211  
Interesting about your dealer being down in sales that much. Wonder if it was a regional problem?

In the US there was a increase in of 8.9% for tractors under 40HP and 10.3% increase for 40-100HP over 2020.

So it was either a regional problem or Kubota lost 25% of the market in 2021. Wonder if you could ask your dealer what their thoughts are on their reduced sales?
That fits with what I have heard from dealerships. They are selling a lot of tractors, they just don't have many to keep on the lots in inventory.

The Kubota dealerships, in general, seemed to have less inventory than others, but that doesn't necessarily mean fewer sales.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #212  
My dealership told me the same thing, for every tractor that comes in, there's 10 people waiting for one and they're already sold by the time they come in.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #213  
So it was either a regional problem or Kubota lost 25% of the market in 2021. Wonder if you could ask your dealer what their thoughts are on their reduced sales?
Kubota's main USA plants are in rural Georgia, so I doubt Florida Kubota dealers were unfairly shorted. Kubota's Georgia plants worked reduced schedules from about April through the balance of the year. Most southern states have Covid vaccination rates below the USA national average. Georgia's Covid-18 vaccination rate is 52%. (just Googled that)

It think one reason Kubota was down was Kubota's decision, perhaps forced, to prioritize parts deliveries over whole tractor assembly. Mahindra did the opposite. So the parts man at my local Kubota/Mahindra dealer told me.

My independent, one store, Kubota dealer sold out in June to a north Florida Mahindra franchise with six Mahindra stores. This gives the acquiring dealer insider contact with Kubota for the first time. The parts man is the sole holdover employee.

Covid-19's spread around the world is uneven. Korea, Japan, India and USA will all be affected with differing severity at different times. I fear most for India.

Washington Post - 1/20/2022

The latest surge of coronavirus cases powered by the omicron variant has caused extremely high numbers of employees to miss work because of illness, exacerbating the country’s persistent labor shortages and threatening to complicate the labor market’s push toward pre-pandemic employment levels.

Between Dec. 29 and Jan. 10, approximately 8.8 million workers reported not working because they were sick with the coronavirus or caring for someone who was, according to new data from the Census Bureau.
Those numbers are nearly triple the levels from the first two weeks of December, before cases had started to peak around the country. They were also the highest numbers since the agency started taking the survey in April 2020 — well over last January’s peak of 6.6 million workers out.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #214  
That fits with what I have heard from dealerships. They are selling a lot of tractors, they just don't have many to keep on the lots in inventory.

The Kubota dealerships, in general, seemed to have less inventory than others, but that doesn't necessarily mean fewer sales.
Only surmising, not based on research...

Only exception might be what criteria they are using. Assuming that they are talking only about "new" tractor sales, do they mean "new 2021 built tractors" vs. "new including left-over models"?. I could see where that might skew the numbers if some of the "old brands" had a lot of inventory sitting around but then couldn't get new tractors (JD?) delivered. Some of the Korean brands seem to have been able to get new tractors delivered.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share
@ptsg posted this article in another thread that I felt warranted repeating here. According to this announcement Branson increased production from 10,000 to 20,000 units last year in US to meet market demand.

If they sold all 20,000 units in 2021 they would have 6.9% of the market in which they compete. There were 290,599 units sold under 100HP in the US last year.

Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but I would say that is impressive.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #216  
We didn't have any Branson dealers in our area until recently.
A local big truck repair shop/ trailer sales took on Branson tractors about 5 miles from here.
The 4820 they had looked like a nice unit.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #217  
Nothing would surprise me about tractor sales numbers in 2021, a sales year distorted by Covid-19. Whoever had tractors, sold them.

I think one reason Kubota was down was Kubota's decision, perhaps forced, to prioritize parts deliveries over whole tractor assembly. Mahindra did the opposite. So the parts man at my local Kubota/Mahindra dealer told me.

Kubota to invest $140M in new Georgia factory, to hire 500 workers​

Jun. 03, 2022 10:58 AM ETKubota Corporation (KUBTY)KUBTFBy: Niloofer Shaikh, SA News Editor
  • A Japanese equipment maker, Kubota (OTCPK:KUBTY) plans to spend $140M to build a new factory in northeast Georgia, adding 500 workers to the 3,000 it already employs in the region.
  • The company said on Wednesday that it will build a new factory in Gainesville to make front-end loaders.
  • Kubota Manufacturing of America said the Georgia expansion would almost double front-end loader build capacity.
  • “We don’t currently have the facilities to meet customer demand,” Phil Sutton, vice president of Kubota Manufacturing of America, told The Times of Gainesville. "For Kubota, North America is our biggest tractor market now.”

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #218  
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #219  
Not sure of numbers sold (apparently it IS a secret), but my LS dealer says the same thing.... he gets 10+ tractors delivered, and they are already sold. He has been getting deliveries every week and still can't get ahead of his sales.

This is only one dealer out of maybe 10+ dealers in Tx. If they are all similar, I am sure their "percentage of market share" has increased. Especially if they are priced below the "big two" brands.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #220  
I know that the K & S tractor dealer in Lubbock
TX get 10 to 20 tractors in and they get sold very
quickly. LS Blue Tractors

Has anyone seen this on Yanmar??

willy