Tractor Died While Blowing Snow!

/ Tractor Died While Blowing Snow! #81  
Per the bottle it is better then Power Serve and cost considerably less.
I have always used PowerServe but am going to be trying some of the Lucas.

/ Tractor Died While Blowing Snow! #83  
-2 degrees is not even a temperature that should be encountered. The best thing to do is move to Texas or Alabama.
I would really like to see those numbers for a few months weeks or more. We depend on frozen ground to cut wood in areas we can't get onto in summer. Right now the ground is almost as wet as during spring breakup.

/ Tractor Died While Blowing Snow! #84  
-2 degrees is not even a temperature that should be encountered. The best thing to do is move to Texas or Alabama.
I'm not a fan of sweating. I was in Houston, TX in July one year and swore I'd never go back. I've kept that promise. Anything over 85 makes me uncomfortable. Unfortunately that temp is too common here, but I'll take a little cold over heat.

/ Tractor Died While Blowing Snow! #85  
I have an open station GC1720 (with the reversed fan that draws in from operator toward the front of tractor) and for winter, I have a piece of fiberboard that I replace the radiator screen with. This has the effect of reducing the amount of snow/moisture drawn in passed me, but also boosts under hood heat allowing the diesel to get and stay in the prime operating temp range. This may also aid in preventing the fuel bowl/filter from gelling and it cost me a sum total of nothing because I re-purposed the backer from an old shoe storage rack.

/ Tractor Died While Blowing Snow! #86  
Last year I had a similar thing happen due to fuel contaminated with water that froze and clogged the tank pickup. Literally had our fuel supplier's rep out there trying to get the tractor started during a snow storm. ended up having it towed to a shop to heat up. once we drained the tank there havent been any more problems.

/ Tractor Died While Blowing Snow! #87  
My opinion Lucas makes decent stuff but it’s generally overpriced
As opposed to what? Power Service, Howes? They're all pricey as these products are petroleum derivatives