Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #711  
Some of you guys mention selling logs on craigslist. I tried, oak and cherry, and only got guys who wanted me to GIVE it to them. I guess having it milled might be better, but I found very little market for logs. If you have lots of big trees, maybe you can get a logger in there.

Been our experience as well!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #712  
Its a Canadian company but they have a wharehouse in the USA and ship all over the world. The Sawmill was less then 1/2 the price of any other bandsaw mill I could find at $2900. As well I bought an extension track so I can mill 16 foot logs. So with Mill, Extension tracks and 10 blades +taxes was about 4,000 cdn dollars. I did cut the main 20ft 6x8 beam but had to repossion the log to do that length.

What brand is it? Sounds like a good deal! Thanks for your response!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #713  
Another angle of the Sawmill as well as my slowly growing lumber pile. One of the issues I run into is sorting the wood, ie if I need 2x4's I have to rearrange my piles. Left side is 9 ft pile and right side is lumber up to 14 ft long. I hope to build a 20x40 garage next summer. (Commercial trusses for roof)

Man I just love that whole saw mill setup! Like the shed. It's just so old fashioned looking. Gotta build one! (0:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #714  
Hey guys been following this thread for a while now and am gonna try and add some of my pics of my own to this thread

Great looking setup and beautiful property!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #715  
I was going to "welcome" you Andy, but then noticed that you joined in '012. Well, I'll cheerfully welcome you but you need to do a good bit more posting:laughing: You have some nice toy's and we need pic's!!:thumbsup:
Yeah! I like that dozer and mini excavator! Both on my wish list! Lol

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #716  
I was going to "welcome" you Andy, but then noticed that you joined in '012. Well, I'll cheerfully welcome you but you need to do a good bit more posting:laughing: You have some nice toy's and we need pic's!!:thumbsup:

X2 !
Don't keep all that equipment hidden in the woods. Show us what you do with it like RustyIron says.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #717  
Hello everyone thanks for the warm welcome. Here is a couple pics of the dozer and excavator. I will have to get some more pics when I'm out using the equipment the ones I posted are just one on my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 249
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #718  
I would love to try an excavator out some time. I feel like I'd end up using one to get the mail...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #719  
I have put 500 hrs on my excavator and I'm still amazed at all the things I can do with it , I got 3 buckets and the hydraulic thumb and it is so versatile I'm always finding new uses for it. It is very handy in the woods for trail work ,culverts moving logs , digging out stumps, bridges, I use it for holding firewood logs off the ground while I block them to split

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #720  
Hello everyone thanks for the warm welcome. Here is a couple pics of the dozer and excavator. I will have to get some more pics when I'm out using the equipment the ones I posted are just one on my phone.
Nice pics! What year is that dozer. Very good condition!

Is that a Bobcat 430? I've run Bobcat excavators quite a lot very nice machines!