Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,651  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,652  
Nein, at that time I was just dropping and limbing. Winching will be later.

That's a good way to work - efficient. But this time of year it makes me worry that I will have to dig them out from under a bunch of crusty snow. Not fun as I am sure you know.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,654  
I got my fork hitch off Amazon. Roughly $32, made in China which didn’t surprise me, and I got it in 3 days.
Dodge Man, Is that the term you used "fork hitch" looking it up on Amazon? Like Two bit score, I want one also. Thanks Greg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,655  
Try searching for "clamp on forklift receiver"

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,656  
John Mc has the right way to find it. The one I got I saw was listed for $27 now. I used it again today to move my log splitter. My old log splitter was much smaller and I could grab it by the hitch and wheel it around, this one is to heavy. I’m also getting a pretty good size pile of split wood. I need to burn some and make room in my storage area. Most days it’s been to warm for a fire.
IMG_2678.jpeg
IMG_2679.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,657  
I got my fork hitch off Amazon. Roughly $32, made in China which didn’t surprise me, and I got it in 3 days.
I have a similar bucket hitch, but it doesn't work particularly well (at least not with the piranha tooth bar attached on the bucket edge) and it ends up swinging to one side or the other.
I think the fork hitch would be a better bet; I'm somewhat incline to drill one of my fork tines so I can toss a ball into it here and there though getting the right drill bits through that may cost as much as just getting a fork hitch!

I have noticed that driving my wood splitter with the bucket hitch is really funky already - I'd imagine pushing it off-center would be even harder.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,658  
I have a similar bucket hitch, but it doesn't work particularly well (at least not with the piranha tooth bar attached on the bucket edge) and it ends up swinging to one side or the other.
I think the fork hitch would be a better bet; I'm somewhat incline to drill one of my fork tines so I can toss a ball into it here and there though getting the right drill bits through that may cost as much as just getting a fork hitch!

I have noticed that driving my wood splitter with the bucket hitch is really funky already - I'd imagine pushing it off-center would be even harder.
Surprisingly it’s not as awkward pushing or pulling a trailer or in my case a log splitter as you’d think. A couple of things. It’s kind of springy out there and it gets a little twisted on my fork. It universal so it would fit on a much bigger fork than mine. None of it really matters with my log splitter being towed.

I also thought about drilling a hole for a ball but was worried it would weaken my fork on the end, it’s not that wide. It’s also pretty thick metal and lije you say might eat some drill bits. It would also require tools to take off and on when the hitch setup I have takes seconds to take off and on.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,659  
John Mc has the right way to find it. The one I got I saw was listed for $27 now. I used it again today to move my log splitter. My old log splitter was much smaller and I could grab it by the hitch and wheel it around, this one is to heavy. I’m also getting a pretty good size pile of split wood. I need to burn some and make room in my storage area. Most days it’s been to warm for a fire.
View attachment 837858View attachment 837859
Ddgeman & John Mac, Thanks guys, after I posted my question I went on amazon and found a bunch of them! I was just curious as to which one Dodge bought? But I believe I've found it, although it's not $27. more like 40 or 50 but it sure looks the same. Think I'm going to get one, although my uses for it will be very infrequent, it'll be handy for whenever I do shuffle my splitter around.