Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,641  
I bought one of these hitch setups for my forks. I will use it to move my log splitter around. I have a weight box on the back which has a hitch but its hard to see.
IMG_2676.jpeg
IMG_2677.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,642  
I bought one of these hitch setups for my forks. I will use it to move my log splitter around. I have a weight box on the back which has a hitch but its hard to see.
View attachment 837518View attachment 837519

I've not seen those before. Good purchase ! You can do a lot of stuff with that. Even more if you had a pair. Could clamp boxes, cages, extensions, and all kinds of of stuff. Turn your forks into a Swiss Army Knife. Turn it over and you still have a fairly smooth top surface.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,643  
I bought one of these hitch setups for my forks.
How’s that work? Was thinking about getting one. Does it stay clamped on forks good?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,644  
View attachment 837518View attachment 837519
I have one of these several years now. Very slick for quick hitches. I too have a hitch on back of my winch but this is great for quick manouvering trailers, splitters and stuff. Clamps on with a twist of the lever. Since the fork is tapered it can slip off when pulling backwards if not tightened down securely. When in doubt I chain it from the rings back to the forks backstop. Caution when pulling something up hill!
In Canada available at Princess Auto.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,645  
Are you going to ship the fir or saw it up for lumber on your new mill ??

gg
Send it to the mill. I don't produce anywhere near what you do, I cut a few hours a day on weekends. I hope to take some time off this week to finish the 9 cord load, I can't get a truck here when my roads icy.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,646  
I had a chance to use the hitch on the end of the fork today. It works a little better than I thought. I’m not sure but I think everything works backwards compared to backing a trailer when driving forward with it but you catch on pretty quick.

No problems with it wanting to come off but I was only moving a log splitter.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,647  
I had a chance to use the hitch on the end of the fork today. It works a little better than I thought. I’m not sure but I think everything works backwards compared to backing a trailer when driving forward with it but you catch on pretty quick.

I love mine. Use it to move the wood processor. Easy peasy.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,648  

Yeah, backwards but going forward I know😂.
Being out so far in front you will notice wild lateral swings with small steering inputs. Also wild ups and downs on rough ground.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,649  
I had a weird thing happen today.
I'm slowly working up a load of fir studwood, and today was cutting a
new trail. View attachment 837419I had dropped the fir in the foreground and was limbing it when my hard hat suddenly went flying, landing about 8 feet behind me. I looked and looked for a springpole but couldn't find one.
View attachment 837420
I took a break, then went back and looked again but never could figure out what happened.
Were you using your uniforest winching that stuff.