Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #1  

Stubee

Silver Member
Tractor
LX-176 (not really a tractor)
Gonna get one of these w. FEL + 4' RM (bush hog). Dealer thinks 16' will handle it, I don't think so. Here's my situation:

I live in MI but will tow this rig 800 miles each way once/yearly to work on my Canada camp. Got a Tundra w. tow package--8300 lb. tow capacity--& will get brake controller + new trailer w. dual axle brakes. My main question: once I get this set up, I really only need the rotary mower in Canada. Want the FEL there too but as I have limited storage space when I get it back to MI thinking

"get the new tractor but tell dealer 'wait' upon attaching FEL. Buy back blade + bush hog. Tow this set-up to Canada & do bush hogging + use rear blade to knock down some ant hills/grading then leave bush hog + blade in Canada, tow tractor home, get FEL added & use it a around MI + store it til next trip to Canada".

Am asking this stupid question because my storage 'lot' in MI is only 65' wide with plenty of big trees and my Canada camp is not set up to get a big trailer in/out easily and if I get a trailer long enough to handle this rig--20'?--I'm not sure I can get it in/out of camp or MI space. Pic shows Canada camp and only cleared area is around my cabin. Towed 18' boats etc. but never towed a 20' trailer & concerned about turning radius etc.

In Canada I only need to tow this rig down a gravel road 11 miles once per trip once it's at my camp. All other work is near my cabin. Thinking I can get by doing that with 18' or even in pinch 16' for that short distance. Remember I'm talking about a new & good 7000# dual axle/dual brake trailer behind my tow truck regardless of trailer length.

Does this make sense to anybody or should I just get the longer trailer and live with it. Tight spaces in/out here is the problem. Thanks,

Attachments

• Cabin Pic.JPG
    Cabin Pic.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 749
   / Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #2  
Having never seen your place it is hard to say how much difference 18 foot vs 20 on the trailer would make (16 vs 20 would make a big difference). You prolly could get it on a 16 foot trailer but it would be very tight and you would have no room to balence the trailer. You have to decide what size trailer you are comfortable with but I would most likely go with the 18 foot one in this case.

I would get the loader now. It should be cheaper and I think you should be able to get everything on the trailer at once. What you can do is put the mower on the 3-point, the blade in the loader bucket, under it, or maybe between the bucket and the front of the tractor. Then, however you have it, run a chain over it (the blade) in addition to chaining down the tractor. You can store the tractor and attachments the same way if you are short on space.

Ed

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #3  
Personally I would go bigger and live with the tighter spaces. I have a 18' trailer and can get my Jinma 284 in my avatar on it with most any implement I own with only the log splitter and Bush Hog hanging over slightly.

Thing to remember is what type of trailer. Fold up ramps or a gate kill all options of something hanging over. Same with a Beaver Tail in most cases. My trailer is 18'x82" and all flat deck. The ramps slide in under the trailer so I am left with 100% flat usable space.

Chris

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #4  
Chris makes a good point about the ramps. I would definitely get a flat deck (no dove tail) and slide in ramps. This will let you have stuff hang over the back if necessary (20' lumber, the tail wheel on the mower). Also, not having the dove tail will give you better ground clearance.

Ed

Last edited:
   / Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #5  
Gonna get one of these w. FEL + 4' RM (bush hog). Dealer thinks 16' will handle it, I don't think so...

I think a 16 footer would handle it fine. I haul a larger tractor(Mitsubishi MT3201D) with a FEL and 5' bush hog on a 16' trailer. The bush hog does hang part way off the end. If I have the bucket on I hang it over the front rail and rest it on the A-frame of the trailer, but I usually haul it with the bucket removed(but the FEL still attached).

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #6  
Chris makes a good point about the ramps. I would definitely get a flat deck (no dove tail) and slide in ramps. This will let you have stuff hang over the back if necessary (20' lumber, the tail wheel on the mower). Also, not having the dove tail will give you better ground clearance.

Ed

Not meaning to spam or anything but here is a link to an 18 foot tilt that many people buy just to do what you want. You live in MI, and it's a long way me, but at least you could go looking for this type of trailer where you live.

Hope it helps.
M/T Tilt Speedhauler Trailers
Just make sure you buy something that was built right, go for the 18-20 foot model and get your truck equipped to tow it all safely.

Thanks
Craig
TheTrailerGuy
Stateline Trailers

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #7  
Not meaning to spam or anything but here is a link to an 18 foot tilt that many people buy just to do what you want. You live in MI, and it's a long way me, but at least you could go looking for this type of trailer where you live.

Hope it helps.
M/T Tilt Speedhauler Trailers
Just make sure you buy something that was built right, go for the 18-20 foot model and get your truck equipped to tow it all safely.

Thanks
Craig
TheTrailerGuy
Stateline Trailers

Looks like you quoted the wrong poster, Stubee is the one looking for a trailer. I am in WA and we have 2 7k 18' car haulers.;)

That is a nice looking trailer, the axels look to be too far forward for my liking but that is pretty common on tilt trailers.

Ed

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #8  
Looks like you quoted the wrong poster, Stubee is the one looking for a trailer. I am in WA and we have 2 7k 18' car haulers.;)

That is a nice looking trailer, the axels look to be too far forward for my liking but that is pretty common on tilt trailers.

Ed

It can be an optical illusion. The axles are set at a 55% bias to the rear, where most ramp trailers will be set at 57-60% bias to the rear. They do work well and you don't need ramps, which really speeds the loading up.

/ Trailer for Kubota B2320/B2620: Tight spaces #9  
You're right. Looking at the picture I though it was right in the middle at 50% where as most trailers I have seen are 60% to the rear. (Goosenecks are often even more to the rear) Over all looks like a good trailer.

I got to thinking if it balanced right Stubee could back the tractor on and hang the tail wheel of the mower over the tongue of the trailer which would save space but it couldn't hit the truck when turning like if you put the bucket on the tougne.

Ed

Last edited: