trailer modification

/ trailer modification #31  
Blowed a tire on the trailer today, of course it ruint the fender. I have been thinking/leaning toward selling the trailer and buying one a little longer and heavier. I built this trailer several years ago and it has served me well, but I am just feeling my axles are a little light for the weight of the tractor. I could put heavier axles under it, but I would still be stuck with the short lenght. Getting to old to crawl around rebuilding things. Leaning toward a gooseneck if I can find a good one without buying new.
What size are the axles and what weight do you have on the trailer?

/ trailer modification
The axles are 3500lb. 7000lb total/ Tractor weighs 3900lbs without ballast, both back tire are filled. Loader weighs 780 with out bucket so call it 1000lb. Not sure on the bushhog weight, guessing around 1000lbs. Around 6500-7000lbs total. The trailer is double framed and will handle a lot more weight than I am putting on it, but the axles are the weak link.

/ trailer modification #33  
The axles are 3500lb. 7000lb total/ Tractor weighs 3900lbs without ballast, both back tire are filled. Loader weighs 780 with out bucket so call it 1000lb. Not sure on the bushhog weight, guessing around 1000lbs. Around 6500-7000lbs total. The trailer is double framed and will handle a lot more weight than I am putting on it, but the axles are the weak link.
Yup time to find a new trailer.

I was in the exact same situation 8 weeks ago but my tractor is about 6500lbs with one bucket, no grapple, no forks and no rear attachment. I looked at used ones, there all complete junk or want 95%+ of new. I ended up finding a trailer manufacturer in PA and OH that sells directly to customers. 20ft, 10klb equipment trailer for $5100, I'm making the drive tomorrow after waiting 5 weeks to get it built. Taking a 4hr drive is saving me $1500

/ trailer modification #34  
Yup time to find a new trailer.

I was in the exact same situation 8 weeks ago but my tractor is about 6500lbs with one bucket, no grapple, no forks and no rear attachment. I looked at used ones, there all complete junk or want 95%+ of new. I ended up finding a trailer manufacturer in PA and OH that sells directly to customers. 20ft, 10klb equipment trailer for $5100, I'm making the drive tomorrow after waiting 5 weeks to get it built. Taking a 4hr drive is saving me $1500
Appalachian?

/ trailer modification #35  
Appalachian?
Yes. Hear anything good or bad about them?
It is just a hunk of steel but I'm buying the cheap model. No led lights, non sealed wiring, no ramp springs. All that I can get later for cheaper.

/ trailer modification #36  
Not heard much. See quite a few around though. I have window shopped them online. Bout all I know

/ trailer modification #37  
Yes. Hear anything good or bad about them?
It is just a hunk of steel but I'm buying the cheap model. No led lights, non sealed wiring, no ramp springs. All that I can get later for cheaper.
I bought a dump trailer from Appalachian, drove down and picked it up. Trailer is well built and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I also own a PJ brand car hauler with 5K axles. The Appalachian trailer is a step above the PJ.

/ trailer modification #38  
Brought my Appalachian trailer home yesterday. Looks well build. I got the cheap one so it's got scotch locks on the wireing which I expected. No complaints so far but I only towed it 230mi home empty.

/ trailer modification #40  
I hate modifying trailers. And hate the thought of advising anyone to do so. In this sue happy world we live in.....anything that goes down the road behind my truck was made by a manufacture with their stamp of approval on it. Not chance on it coming back on me if something goes wrong....that's cheap insurance and piece of mind.
That is the best advice for the majority of the TBN population; On the internet, everybody is an expert, but nobody is liable.

I worked in the light trailer business, also with type approvals with the DOT. I did modify my trailer, but i didnt need any advice. I am not eager to give advice either, because i hate to see people run into trouble because they totally misinterpret what i say, and off course, legislation is different in Europe than the US so my expert advice has very limited validity for the US.