Trailer shaking at 60MPH

/ Trailer shaking at 60MPH #41  
Maybe I am over thinking? Antifreeze is nasty, doesn't dry or evaporate. It will coat the tire, wheel and valve stem. Anytime you check the air, I would think a spec of antifreeze would get in the gauge. You would also need to wash the tire and dry it, for a patch to stick.

Yea, you're overthinking it. I have antifreeze in all my tires, trucks and trailers, as dynamic balancers. I've had a couple of them patched; it's never been problem; it's a couple ounces for crying out loud, not a toxic waste dump. It's inside a tire, how many times do you have to deal with the inside of a tire? Let's see: a truck, Pathfinder, trailer, ZTR, tractor, RTV tires - in 7 years, maybe two trips to the tire dealer for a tire patch. BFD.

Checking air pressure: AF drops to the bottom due to gravity (which never fails); the amount getting into a pressure gauge is minuscule. I've checked my tractor and ZTR tire pressures all the time - which are 75-80% filled for ballast purposes - still no big deal.

Nasty? Use RV antifreeze, it's potable water compatible.

/ Trailer shaking at 60MPH #42  
Yea, you're overthinking it. I have antifreeze in all my tires, trucks and trailers, as dynamic balancers. I've had a couple of them patched; it's never been problem; it's a couple ounces for crying out loud, not a toxic waste dump. It's inside a tire, how many times do you have to deal with the inside of a tire? Let's see: a truck, Pathfinder, trailer, ZTR, tractor, RTV tires - in 7 years, maybe two trips to the tire dealer for a tire patch. BFD.

Checking air pressure: AF drops to the bottom due to gravity (which never fails); the amount getting into a pressure gauge is minuscule. I've checked my tractor and ZTR tire pressures all the time - which are 75-80% filled for ballast purposes - still no big deal.

Nasty? Use RV antifreeze, it's potable water compatible.

You are obviously fine with it, that's all that matters.

/ Trailer shaking at 60MPH #43  
Good thing!
Hauling a tall stack of old grass clippings around calls for a smooth running trailer!

And my Wal mart push mower (self propelled, of course) :laughing: