Transporting a Cat skid steer

/ Transporting a Cat skid steer #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
This is a dumb question but I'm borrowing a midsize Cat skid steer, not sure of the model. Since I have not seen it yet, I have no idea what the wheelbase width is, but assume it's about 60" max width. I have a Big Tex deck over gooseneck, with the standard two ramps, and transport my tractor frequently. And since my trailer is 30 miles away at my farm, I haven't measured the minimum ramp width that they will adjust to. So of course a little work with the tape measure will answer my question, and I certainly will do that before moving my trailer that distance. So please give me a guess. Would you expect a skid steer will be able to climb the normal ramps on a deck over gooseneck? Or are they normally too narrow? Yeah, a dumb question, and I just need to measure, but right now, I don't have access to either and was just trying to get an idea if transporting this with my trailer is feasible.

/ Transporting a Cat skid steer #2  
I also have a Big Tex GN deck over. The ramps can be set in plenty to load a midsized skid steer. Typically, skid steers are loaded on deck overs by backing up the ramps since most of the weight is on the tail end of the machine.