Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #81  
KTAC, according to their website offers coverage in all 50 states. If they can offer coverage, why couldn't any other company?
I think the OP is receiving reinforcement of the original bad information.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #82  
I'm confused. We had Inland Marine as individuals and then later as a farm. We've had it both ways.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #83  
You are in OH, not CT. It is possible they don't offer it that way in CT.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #84  
My homeowner's insurance agent has been exceptionally slow to respond to my inquiries so I have been looking for another company to provide a standalone quote for my new tractor.
I have connected with the major companies with no luck. I am in NC if that helps.
I am not a business owner, it is just a hobby tractor.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Here in Texas we have the Texas Farm Bureau but I don’t know if NC has anything like that but if you do they might be able to help you. My insurance for my new tractor cost 50.00 a year and that covers it for anything that happens to it. I hope this helps

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #85  
But is very possible they do. Most likely the agent that stated this did not know the inquiry was about ag tractors but was thinking over the road tractor.

Farm Bureau will get the OP coverage I am sure.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #86  
Check out the CT Farm Bureau website. It looks like Nationwide underwrites their insurance, not Inland Marine.

A quick search of the internet shows that at least some insurers consider it only a business policy. All state has a detailed explanation. The concept for inland marine insurance is for land transport via truck or train (typically). Other insurers consider a lot of non-standard policies in the 'inland marine' category.

Then, there is this...remember the Farm Bureau is really an advocacy group like the NRA, that contracts out for insurance.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #87  
Torvy, the OP who I recommended Farm Bureau to in my last post is in NC. FB writes Inland Marine policies there.

In CT, you can get coverage for your tractor as well. Maybe even through FB, but certainly from Inland Marine.

Bottom line, I person without a business can get insurance for their tractor in all 50 states from some company. Price and rules will differ state to state. Good luck.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #88  
Torvy, the OP who I recommended Farm Bureau to in my last post is in NC. FB writes Inland Marine policies there.

In CT, you can get coverage for your tractor as well. Maybe even through FB, but certainly from Inland Marine.

Bottom line, I person without a business can get insurance for their tractor in all 50 states from some company. Price and rules will differ state to state. Good luck.

Boylerman is in CT and said he could not get that type of insurance without business. You told him his agent was wrong. The fact is, from what I can find online, you are wrong. I have not found a CT agency that offers inland marine policies for individuals. My original point was basically to stop jumping to conclusions based on how insurance works in your state.

While I agree there is probably a way for someone in some agency to write a personal inland marine or other farm coverage policy, the link you supplied does that only as a business.

Inland Marine is a type of insurance, not an insurance provider. It would be like saying '...but certainly from auto insurance.'. Financial services are sometimes very confusing. I am not trying to be a jerk, here, I just don't want a bunch of people yelling at or dropping their insurance agent because they don't have the whole picture.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #89  
You are in OH, not CT. It is possible they don't offer it that way in CT.
It is certainly "possible", but not likely.
The Northeastern states are frequently very similar with regulations.
I have had Inland Marine coverage in Massachusetts, and know that it is available in Maine as well.
Connecticut is different?
I doubt it!

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #90  
My Allstate agent is checking with an insurance broker she knows to see if she can get me an inland marine policy as an individual, not associated with a business. Allstate won't sell it to individuals, only businesses.

Just curious, how much should coverage be? My tractor is worth maybe $10K or so. I mainly want to be covered as I trailer it from place to place. Worried about an accident wrecking the tractor.

Just added insurance for my 2 trailers. Just bought a 20' 14K equipment trailer, and want it covered in case of theft. Was less than $80 a year. My older 6x10 trailer was $50 a year.