Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #61  
Our policy covers liability if anyone gets hurt on our land. We can then add a rider for specific equipment once it is purchased. My agent is a good guy. Goes to my church. Actually helps us save money. Whomever said you don't know until you have a claim is right. We don't have the cheapest insurance, bit have been happy when we needed a claim.

Business use can often lead to nonpayment. It is also a problem if you get a passenger vehicle loan (including pickups). If the vehicle is being used commercially, the loan has to go to the business and the rates are usually higher.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #62  
I'm in the process of upgrading my insurance. Getting policies for my 2 trailers. While towing they are covered by your auto policy, but if stoles from your yard, they are not covered unless you have policies for them. Policies were less than $100 total for both trailers.

Asked about my tractor, and was told homeowners covers if stolen off property, but if I am trailering it and get in an accident, there is no policy that covers the tractor. My agent owns a tractor too, and said they looked for a policy to cover the tractor while trailering and off property, but could not get one.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #63  
I'm in the process of upgrading my insurance. Getting policies for my 2 trailers. While towing they are covered by your auto policy, but if stoles from your yard, they are not covered unless you have policies for them. Policies were less than $100 total for both trailers.

Asked about my tractor, and was told homeowners covers if stolen off property, but if I am trailering it and get in an accident, there is no policy that covers the tractor. My agent owns a tractor too, and said they looked for a policy to cover the tractor while trailering and off property, but could not get one.
I do not believe this to be correct!
You should be able to buy an Inland Marine policy from most any general insurance agent, that will cover your tractor against any type of loss anytime, anywhere.
I bought a one year policy written by Inland Marine for $32,000 tractor coverage (I think $500 deductible) two years ago, for $500 per year.

Last edited:
   / Trouble finding insurance for tractor #64  
My homeowner's insurance agent has been exceptionally slow to respond to my inquiries so I have been looking for another company to provide a standalone quote for my new tractor.
I have connected with the major companies with no luck. I am in NC if that helps.
I am not a business owner, it is just a hobby tractor.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

We have lots of insurance episodes on our YouTube channel.

We partner with Country Financial, our insurance provider, so that we can provide accurate information.

You can submit your personal questions to Insurance Questions - Tractor Time With Tim. My agent (who insures LOTS of small equipment like ours, as well as homes, autos, and large farms will reply.

I’m pretty sure he writes policies in NC. (28 states total).

Tim

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #65  
We have lots of insurance episodes on our YouTube channel.

We partner with Country Financial, our insurance provider, so that we can provide accurate information.

You can submit your personal questions to Insurance Questions - Tractor Time With Tim. My agent (who insures LOTS of small equipment like ours, as well as homes, autos, and large farms will reply.

I’m pretty sure he writes policies in NC. (28 states total).

Tim
Inland Marine Insurance policy.....sold by most independent insurance agents.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #66  
My homeowner's insurance agent has been exceptionally slow to respond to my inquiries so I have been looking for another company to provide a standalone quote for my new tractor.
I have connected with the major companies with no luck. I am in NC if that helps.
I am not a business owner, it is just a hobby tractor.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
I would give Farm Bureau a try. They were the only local company I could find that would sell liability insurance on farmland that was not adjacent to my home.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #67  
I would give Farm Bureau a try. They were the only local company I could find that would sell liability insurance on farmland that was not adjacent to my home.
Insurance is primarily governed by state law. We have had All state in 4 states for 30+ years. Somethings were different with same company in different states. Be forewarned, just because a company operates in many states, it does not mean they can offer the same coverage in all states (no pun intended). Our liability policy covers our non adjacent farmland and it was pretty cheap.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #68  
Our policy covers liability if anyone gets hurt on our land. We can then add a rider for specific equipment once it is purchased. My agent is a good guy. Goes to my church. Actually helps us save money. Whomever said you don't know until you have a claim is right. We don't have the cheapest insurance, bit have been happy when we needed a claim.

Business use can often lead to nonpayment. It is also a problem if you get a passenger vehicle loan (including pickups). If the vehicle is being used commercially, the loan has to go to the business and the rates are usually higher.
"My agent is a good guy. Goes to my church."
Not sure how that might play out, when the actual insurance company says....NO PAY!

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #69  
An Inland Marine policy if you want a stand alone tractor policy.
Virtually all agents can sell them.
We used Inland Marine for decades and in two states.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #70  
"My agent is a good guy. Goes to my church."
Not sure how that might play out, when the actual insurance company says....NO PAY!
I hear you. We have had claims and never even a delay. Maybe some luck, but a good agent is worth their pay.