Trouble finding insurance for tractor

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #51  
in our area the best bets are Farm Bureau and Country (used to be cotton states)
i see some posts that say umbrella for xx
in our area the word umbrella relates to liability insurance...
" a man may have insurance on a lot of equipment and in that case, he may have a "blanket" and adding equipment would be easy...
i see posts about it's included on my home policy...

bottom line of my concern is this.... with the various words and definitions of these words may i suggest that folks, Write their agent after getting coverage and say something like this...

"agent smith, you were so helpful to me today... insuring my kubota 5200 for fire/theft/collision for up to acv or 25000 for only 250 with a 1000 deductible. you informed me that my pre existing liability coverage would cover any accident where the tractor was involved.. i forgot to tell you that i have about 5,000 in implements also... are they included ?? in my policy..? thanks again for your help."

the purpose of a writing is to confirm what you have bought... did you get collision and fire and do you have liability coverage to pay for an accident where your grandchild runs over a neighbor kid and squashes him? after telling the agent what you think you bought... you should ask a question that leads the agent to write you back... this will be your confirmation that what you put down is correct! put his answer in your insurance file.

i'm an ex insurance person... so often what the person thought he bought was not what he bought. and now that his $20,000 tractor is in the pond or that his neighbor got drunk and killed someone on the roadway, while he was cutting grass for the owner, the tractor owner often finds out, that he has no coverage. or only coverage for one part of the damage.... maybe the insurance will pay for the liability claim (the folks in the car that the tractor hit) but not coveage for the wrecked and totalled tractor...
A very good idea!

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #52  
Good topic. I know that a lot of tractor owners face issues when it comes to choosing insurance. First of all, thanks for sharing your experiences. Also, I've recently found out about Bristol West, but I don't know much about this company. Though I'm going to address a bristol west insurance customer service soon, it would be great to find out other people's thoughts. Has anyone dealt with them?

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #53  
My homeowners with Farmers covers my tractor as long as it is on my property.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #54  
I see someone has state farm. I was in Italy for over 3 years had our 3 year old beetle shipped here. Was in Florida trying to get car insurance with state farm they said you have to have insurance for 2 years before we can insure your car. We showed our insurance policies that we had for over 3 years they said you have to have the insurance in the United States, I asked how do you do that when the Navy sends you to Italy for over 3 years no answer. I did know people that state farm dropped them and never told them that state farm won't insure them. Just a word to the wise.

willy

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #55  
I see someone has state farm. I was in Italy for over 3 years had our 3 year old beetle shipped here. Was in Florida trying to get car insurance with state farm they said you have to have insurance for 2 years before we can insure your car. We showed our insurance policies that we had for over 3 years they said you have to have the insurance in the United States, I asked how do you do that when the Navy sends you to Italy for over 3 years no answer. I did know people that state farm dropped them and never told them that state farm won't insure them. Just a word to the wise.

willy
USAA would have insured you either in the USA or out of the USA, unless you were enlisted, and it was long ago.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #56  
You can try Holmes Murphy & Associates @ 1800 873-2472 ext. 5129 for physical damage insurance.

/ Trouble finding insurance for tractor #57  
   / Trouble finding insurance for tractor #60  
Interesting. I'm in NY state, and the way I read my policy, I'm covered for non-road registered equipment for theft, damage, and liability for "business" use as long as my "business" doesn't earn more than $2500 a year, but I best check with the agent to see if I'm reading right. Tractors are not registered here.