Tundra Update

/ Tundra Update #1  

deerefan

Veteran Member
Tractor
1952 8N, 2005 JD 5103
I figured I would post an update as I turned 5 years of ownership with my 2013 Tundra. I have 127k miles on the 5.7. It has had only 2 issues-a faulty charcoal canister and broken passenger door lock actuator. I average 18.5 mpg, keeping my rpms at 2k or less (75 mph or less). The truck is as tight as the day I bought it. No squeaks, rattles or vibrations. It is going in the shop at the end of the month for a full fluids change and spark plugs as well as serpentine belt. It has held up better than the Fords and Chevys I previously owned, just seems more heavy duty. I plan to keep it until at least 250k and will more than likely get another. This is the first Toyota I have owned and overall am very pleased.

/ Tundra Update #2  
Does that one run a timing belt or had they switched over to chain by then?

/ Tundra Update
It is a timing chain. Not a big fan of the belt.

/ Tundra Update #4  
Six decades of Demming and Toyota is at the top.... not surprised. Kubota knocking on JD door....

/ Tundra Update #5  
Our family are Toyota fans. Collectively, our family have owned more than 15 Toyotas. Other than routine maintenance, I recall only two problems out of all of these vehicles--an airco problem and a timing belt on a Cressida, long ago. We are now on our third Tundra and really like them. Reliable and solid, and like the OP said, tight, no squeaks or rattles, good smooth ride, etc.

/ Tundra Update
Our family are Toyota fans. Collectively, our family have owned more than 15 Toyotas. Other than routine maintenance, I recall only two problems out of all of these vehicles--an airco problem and a timing belt on a Cressida, long ago. We are now on our third Tundra and really like them. Reliable and solid, and like the OP said, tight, no squeaks or rattles, good smooth ride, etc.

I like how I was able to get console shifter in the base upgrade model-cloth seats, all power, crew cab, bed liner and chrome tube steps and 18” alloy wheels. I tow occasionally and when we relocated our farm I pulled our (separately) 8N and JD 5103 w/ loaded tires and 6ft hd bush hog attached-I am estimating 8-8.5k lbs with trailer-very well. No gear hunting at all. The engine, 6spd and 4.30 gears work well together.

/ Tundra Update #7  
Glad you are having luck;my buddy has one it has been a money pit;replaced everything but the motor and transmission.Motor has been out(to change the frame!).

/ Tundra Update
Glad you are having luck;my buddy has one it has been a money pit;replaced everything but the motor and transmission.Motor has been out(to change the frame!).

Wow. What year is it?

/ Tundra Update #9  
   / Tundra Update #10  

Toyota’s are so reliable I don’t believe your buddy.... no way...