Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice
And now you know.... the rest of the story:eek:

There is actually about 50 dump truck loads of dirt..yep... kinda fine stuff..not hardly any rock over .5 inch diameter... about 100 yards off of my property. the neighbor would like for me to take all I want... and I can actually use a huge amount of it.

I have a 20' hydraulic dump trailer... and had trouble pulling it with my 20 year old gasser... now, I have something to PULL with!:)

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #22  
And now you know.... the rest of the story:eek:

There is actually about 50 dump truck loads of dirt..yep... kinda fine stuff..not hardly any rock over .5 inch diameter... about 100 yards off of my property. the neighbor would like for me to take all I want... and I can actually use a huge amount of it.

I have a 20' hydraulic dump trailer... and had trouble pulling it with my 20 year old gasser... now, I have something to PULL with!:)
All that free dirt that close and something to haul it with.
You Lucky Dog You !!!!

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #23  
You sound like your comparing a new ford to a new tundra.... ( HOW I MADE MY CHOICE ) You aren't exactly apples to apples new tundra to a 324k ford. You chose the 5k opposed to the 25k price tag. The article should read new vs used. How I carefully planned my next truck purchase based on my projected needs.

Nothing wrong with your thought process. I personally wouldn't opt for a 300k vehicle no matter how nice it looked. All the mechanics in the world can't tell when the rear axle will give up, tranny start slipping and the bearings that rotated 6 billion times say they are tired and set the engine in a downward spiral. I have had a few major parts rebuilt and believe me the cost was 2 and one half times my estimate. I hope you have great luck with your purchase.

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #24  
You sound like your comparing a new ford to a new tundra.... ( HOW I MADE MY CHOICE ) You aren't exactly apples to apples new tundra to a 324k ford. You chose the 5k opposed to the 25k price tag. The article should read new vs used. How I carefully planned my next truck purchase based on my projected needs.

Nothing wrong with your thought process. I personally wouldn't opt for a 300k vehicle no matter how nice it looked. All the mechanics in the world can't tell when the rear axle will give up, tranny start slipping and the bearings that rotated 6 billion times say they are tired and set the engine in a downward spiral. I have had a few major parts rebuilt and believe me the cost was 2 and one half times my estimate. I hope you have great luck with your purchase.

I half-way agree with the above;but you went rabbit hunting and came home with a moose:p Trucks not even close,but what you bought more closely fits your needs than what you were looking at. I too, wish you the best of luck with your purchase:D

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #25  
The Tundra, are only 1/2 ton trucks; however their at the top of their class. Toyota marketing is great they have "brainwashed" many truck owners into "thinking" the Tundra can tow more weight than it is rated for. You wont hear about all the metallurgical issues Toyota is having in the V8 Tundra ie" cam shafts are snapping under load, You could give a Tundra, and I would sell it for a new Dodge Cummins.

Great choice avoiding the Tundra; cannot beat a diesel to work daily

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #26  
Excellent price for the Tundra. Ford sounds like a good choice too. You aren't in the snowbelt. Up here, my F-550 I drive for highway dept. is ready for it's second oil pan. Ford says the fix is to coat the new one before installation. [ 7.3 diesel] I keep it plugged in all winter. Just had the cam sensor replaced because of recall by Ford. Another thing is my truck is 4X4 and the upper ball joints have a plug that has to be removed and temporay fitting or needle on grease gun to service it,then put plug back in,I found out the hard way,the front axle when it spins will hit and break off the fittings if left in. plowking

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #27  
Excellent price for the Tundra. Ford sounds like a good choice too. You aren't in the snowbelt. Up here, my F-550 I drive for highway dept. is ready for it's second oil pan. Ford says the fix is to coat the new one before installation. [ 7.3 diesel] I keep it plugged in all winter. Just had the cam sensor replaced because of recall by Ford. Another thing is my truck is 4X4 and the upper ball joints have a plug that has to be removed and temporay fitting or needle on grease gun to service it,then put plug back in,I found out the hard way,the front axle when it spins will hit and break off the fittings if left in. plowking

Went through 10 cam position sensors their is no fix, I cant tell you how many times the 7.3L powerstroke left us stranded on the side of the road. The only real fix is to sell the Powerstroke for a Cummins

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #28  
Went through 10 cam position sensors their is no fix, I cant tell you how many times the 7.3L powerstroke left us stranded on the side of the road. The only real fix is to sell the Powerstroke for a Cummins

How many miles did it take to go through 10 sensors?

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #29  
How many miles did it take to go through 10 sensors?
This was a 02 F-350 crew dually
Poor HEUI injector performance throught owr ownership, rough idle missing.
The automatic transmission failed at 45,000 miles, faulty sprag gear recall on that, and no "real fix" according to Ford Dealer, had local transmission company rebuild heavy duty fixed OEM Sprag gear with aftermarket, and billet torque convert tranny could hold 1,600 ft/lbs;however the cam position sensors continued to fail sold the "Power Puke lemon with 75,550.:D:D:D

/ Tundra vs F350: how I made my choice #30  
This was a 02 F-350 crew dually
Poor HEUI injector performance throught owr ownership, rough idle missing.
The automatic transmission failed at 45,000 miles, faulty sprag gear recall on that, and no "real fix" according to Ford Dealer, had local transmission company rebuild heavy duty fixed OEM Sprag gear with aftermarket, and billet torque convert tranny could hold 1,600 ft/lbs;however the cam position sensors continued to fail sold the "Power Puke lemon with 75,550.:D:D:D

They have a fix for the cam sensor. I believe the old part # cam sensor is gray and the new part # cam sensor is green or something like that. Just know that the new and improved one from Ford is a different color. You just need a dealer who knows the diesel trucks not just sell them.

Chris