TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #41  
Telling you honestly, IMO i would go with the deere. Heres why-
1. Excellent Parts system
-Deere Has great dealerships who stand behind their product. They also have a much better parts ordering system than competitiors. You can order Deere parts off of weingartz, and you can look up part diagrams on deeres website. This is unlike kubota, massey, kioti, tym, where you have to go to the dealer to even see a diagram.
2. Dealer system
-I, like you, kinda shrugged off the idea of the good relationship with your dealer. That was until i bought a new holland tc35d. My deere dealer is 25 minutes. New Holland Dealer is 55 minutes. Thats a big differene when your trying to fix something quickly. And if you don't like your local dealer, especially with brands like tym and new holland, there isn't other dealers nearby. I cant stand my local dealer to the point where i just order from a dealer in ohio where i bought my jd650 from. (NEW HOLLAND and Kubota & Kioti Dealer
3. Machine Reliabilty
-TYM is not nearly as well known, so less people can work on them, and ultimately that builds up a later cost. Plus, Deere is known for reliabilty and plenty of people know deere systems. The same cant be said for tym
All my opinion, take it or leave it. But there is a reason for a $17K Price difference. Its quality of parts, dealer network, parts network, and support.

I was unimpressed with the quality of cab components on the Deere and some weird design choices.

However you have an excellent point about parts diagrams/ordering. Deere is a big winner there, especially if you like shopping online.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #43  
I don't know about others, but Kubota certainly offers parts diagrams online.
I didn't know that existed. I tried to find diagrams for a kubota that i was going to buy a while back and never could find any. I'm a deere guy at heart, but i have owned and used kubota, and to tell you honestly, kubota's entire parts network/system is far inferior to deere or CNHI. Plus, if you want kubota parts online and don't want to go to your local dealer, you have to order through messicks

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #44  
A very clear post.

You are considering tractors with enough weight for ten acres. Enough weight helps keep neophyte tractor operators SAFE.

John Deere 4044M​

Dimensions
Wheelbase:73 inches
185 cm
Length:130.6 inches
331 cm
Height (ROPS):100.2 inches
254 cm
Height (cab):97.4 inches
247 cm
Weight:3770 lbs
1710 kg
Clearance (front axle):13.8 inches
35 cm
Front tread:53.6 inches
136 cm
Rear tread:

TYM T474​

Dimensions
Wheelbase:68.9 inches
175 cm
ROPS Length:131 inches
332 cm
Cab Length:133 inches
337 cm
ROPS Width:54.5 inches
138 cm
Cab Width:59 inches
149 cm
Height (ROPS):94.4 inches
239 cm
Height (cab):92.5 inches
234 cm
ROPS Weight:3230 lbs
1465 kg
Cab Weight:3605 lbs
1635 kg
Ground clearance:12.8 inches
32 cm

This will be my 1st tractor. I have a 10 acre property.

First off, I agree with BOTH posts #4 and #5, following.
Each of us value money differently.

Consider this:

Brand? Models to look at or avoid? Buy new or used?

The design of the Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939 -- 83 years in 2022.

The basic design is generic.

Kubota and Deere have most of the market through 6,000 pound bare weight tractors.

The up and coming tractor brands are Korean: Kioti, LS and Branson. There are other Korean brands. You have to critically assess dealer stability while shopping minor brands.

Korean manufacturing labor is paid 50% of what Deere pays its union work force. Japanese manufacturing labor is paid 70% of what Deere pays its union work force. Labor costs strongly influence tractor prices.

We have the following brands within an hour of us.
  • Kubota
  • LS
  • TYM
  • KIOTI
  • Massey Ferguson
  • John Deere
I know that a lot depends on the dealer and their willingness to help, but should I stay away from any of these brands?

A quality dealer, reasonably close, available for coaching, is important for tractor neophytes. Most new tractors are delivered with a glitch or two requiring correction. My Kubota dealer is six miles away. I feel my local dealer continues to add value to my equipment after nine years. Dealer proximity is less important for those experienced with tractors and qualified to perform their own maintenance.

Start with the nearest dealer and work out. Transporting a tractor for service is expensive and inconvenient, whether you trailer it or the dealer trailers it.

CREDIT: 'FELIXEDO'

"It has been touched on a couple of times, but not directly as a buying factor.

Every major make has a machine that will do the job(s) you want. Check out your nearby dealers, and go with one you have confidence in.

A great machine with no support nearby is a hassle to repair and maintain.

And a good machine can't make a lousy dealer into a good dealer."
I would consider a Kubota, they are usually less expensive than the Deere. I have a smaller Kubota and love it!

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #45  
The price difference is not $17, it's $17,000. Anyone who thinks the JD is worth that much more either has never actually owned anything but JD, is an official and/or stockholder of JD, or has so much money that $17K is chump change to them. For most of us regular people, the price difference is so large to be laughable.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #46  
The price difference is not $17, it's $17,000. Anyone who thinks the JD is worth that much more either has never actually owned anything but JD, is an official and/or stockholder of JD, or has so much money that $17K is chump change to them. For most of us regular people, the price difference is so large to be laughable.
Ok, not sure why you want to say that I have never owned anything other than a Deere, but whatever. Let me ask you something. Do you really & truly think that the TYM is priced 17k less because it's just brand name, or do you think there are some real differences. If the fella has the money for the Deere, I would say go for it. There is a reason snap on costs more than harbor freight. Everyone can have their opinion on it, but you pay for quality. You take a TYM and keep it for 40 years, it's going to be in far worse shape than the Deere. Again, I'm not saying that 17k isn't a huge difference. It is, undisputed. But let's take a f150 for example. It's more expensive than the ram and the Chevy, but you take that ram and ask a mechanics opinion on it vs that f150, he's going to see where corners were cut

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #47  
Or another way to put it is that it is 50% (!!!!!) more expensive. I'll reiterate my post with the P.T. Barnum quote. "There's a sucker born every minute."

I have no problem paying for quality and value when it is offered but Deere and Kubota do not offer enough to offset the price difference.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #48  
Ok, not sure why you want to say that I have never owned anything other than a Deere, but whatever. Let me ask you something. Do you really & truly think that the TYM is priced 17k less because it's just brand name, or do you think there are some real differences. If the fella has the money for the Deere, I would say go for it. There is a reason snap on costs more than harbor freight. Everyone can have their opinion on it, but you pay for quality. You take a TYM and keep it for 40 years, it's going to be in far worse shape than the Deere. Again, I'm not saying that 17k isn't a huge difference. It is, undisputed. But let's take a f150 for example. It's more expensive than the ram and the Chevy, but you take that ram and ask a mechanics opinion on it vs that f150, he's going to see where corners were cut

Let's take your argument and rephrase it. Do you really think that a TYM tractor that has all of the features of a John Deere, the same amount of metal in it, functionality, etc. is designed and fabricated in a way that gives the John Deere 50% more value than the TYM?

On a given day can it do 50% more work? Can it pull/lift 50% more weight? Will the John Deere only break down 66% as often as the TYM, and the repair bills will only cost 66% as much as the TYM? Will you be 50% happier and more satisfied with your life if you drive a John Deere versus a TYM? If you think the answer to any of those questions other than the last one (some people just like the color green) is "yes", then you might want to talk to a few TYM owners.

Your comment about trucks will, I'm sure, bring much heated debate from Chevy and Ram owners. I don't have a dog in that fight. Nevertheless, you are talking about trucks that when similarly spec'ed, vary by what, 5-10% in cost? Again, we are talking about a 50 % price difference between the two tractors! If you could buy a Chevy or Ram for $50k, but it would cost $75k for a similar F-150, I don't think Ford would be selling near as many of them.

/ TYM T474 vs John Deere 4044M #50  
Or another way to put it is that it is 50% (!!!!!) more expensive. I'll reiterate my post with the P.T. Barnum quote. "There's a sucker born every minute."

I have no problem paying for quality and value when it is offered but Deere and Kubota do not offer enough to offset the price difference.
Two years ago pre Covid I priced JD 4044R and M. Kubota L4701 and Kiota 4710 I believe ??? Deer R was 7k more than Kubota and M was like 5k more !!! Kiota was 3k cheaper than Kubota if you paid cash !!! Kubota had 0% finiancing !!! I had history with Kubota went that route since then Kiota has went % financing and selling a piss load of tractors !!!