Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #21  
Just ordered the telescopic stabilizers last night from Tractorsmart.com

I'm going to get the Pat's quick change next and try those out too. Lastly - I may get the adjustable lower arms.

I'm trying to pull this all together for some box blade work I anticipate having to do this summer.

I have a set of Pats on my BX 25. I have had some troubles getting them adjusted just right and I've had the implement come unhooked from one side a couple of times. This is because the arms on the 3 point rotate some as they go from the lowest level to the highest. Pats are locked onto the arm and don't pivot like the ball joint would so if you set them up at the middle height they tend to twist at the lower and higher extremes. That, plus the fact that the washers provided don't fit with the pins has given me some trouble. In hind sight I would probably go a. Different way if I were doing it again. Sorry Pat. :-(

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200
I received the telescopic stabilizers from Keller Kubota last week - and then got a little surprise when I went to hook up the new mowing deck to the tractor over the weekend - and found that I need to take the rod that the inner part of the stabilizer - and the lower 3pt arms - go onto.

It wasn't apparent just looking at how to get the rod off - especially since I have a backhoe on the tractor and there's no way the rod is sliding out side to side since the backhoe subframe is in the way.

But looking at the Kubota online parts manual - it appears that I can get the rod out - by removing the entire "hitch" assembly from the differential case.

Anybody know if it's that easy?

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #23  
I received the telescopic stabilizers from Keller Kubota last week - and then got a little surprise when I went to hook up the new mowing deck to the tractor over the weekend - and found that I need to take the rod that the inner part of the stabilizer - and the lower 3pt arms - go onto.

It wasn't apparent just looking at how to get the rod off - especially since I have a backhoe on the tractor and there's no way the rod is sliding out side to side since the backhoe subframe is in the way.

But looking at the Kubota online parts manual - it appears that I can get the rod out - by removing the entire "hitch" assembly from the differential case.

Anybody know if it's that easy?

Unless it's completely different than my B2620, all I did was undo the lock nut first and then loosen the center bolt on the rod second. You need to spray a bunch of lubricant on the rod and try to wedge/pry the rod over to one side. Once you do that you can change out one of the connectors for the inner part of the stabilizer. Finally, you pry the rod over to the opposite side and change out the other side.

It was a bit of a pain, but it can be done without pulling anything apart other than taking off the backhoe.

Unless it's completely different than my B2620, all I did was undo the lock nut first and then loosen the center bolt on the rod second. You need to spray a bunch of lubricant on the rod and try to wedge/pry the rod over to one side. Once you do that you can change out one of the connectors for the inner part of the stabilizer. Finally, you pry the rod over to the opposite side and change out the other side.

It was a bit of a pain, but it can be done without pulling anything apart other than taking off the backhoe.

I'll have to try that - but looking at it - I don't see where there's enough room to push the rod over enough to slide the new bracket for the telescoping stabilizers over the bar. I can see how it would work if the backhoe frame was not there - but with that backhoe frame on the tractor - there's very little clearance (maybe 2" tops) at either end of the rod to slide it either way.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #25  
I'll have to try that - but looking at it - I don't see where there's enough room to push the rod over enough to slide the new bracket for the telescoping stabilizers over the bar. I can see how it would work if the backhoe frame was not there - but with that backhoe frame on the tractor - there's very little clearance (maybe 2" tops) at either end of the rod to slide it either way.

While I don't have my B2620 anymore, I seem to remember there was a hole in the backhoe frame for the rod to slide through.

While I don't have my B2620 anymore, I seem to remember there was a hole in the backhoe frame for the rod to slide through.

The backhoe subframe on the B3200 doesn't have any holes. I'd have to start taking the whole subframe off to slide the rod out.

I'm going to have to take a closer look at the "hitch" piece and see if it unbolts from the transfer case housing.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #27  
The backhoe subframe on the B3200 doesn't have any holes. I'd have to start taking the whole subframe off to slide the rod out.

I'm going to have to take a closer look at the "hitch" piece and see if it unbolts from the transfer case housing.

Must be different than the BH65 subframe I had on my B2620. They made it so you could slide the rod either side (not that it was easy to do though), but at least it made it so I could get the new stabilizer arm connectors installed.