Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200
Thanks for all the information. I'll be abusing my credit card tonite once I can sit down and go thru all of this.

The major thing I want to fix is the stabilizers - adjusting the turnbuckles is a PITA. But I figured while I was at it - I'd do the extendable lift arms also.

I already have a Speeco quick hitch for the 3pt - which I find makes swapping stuff over VERY convenient - but I may try the Pat's easy change and see how that stacks up against the Speeco - at the very least the Pat's would save some weight and would allow me to just use the standard Cat 1 pins - instead of having to swap over to the larger Cat 2 bushings the Speeco requires.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #12  
If you get pin adjustable stabilizers I think you will find implements go on/off so easily that you will not want anything additional.

Remember, the rigid, pin adjustable stabilizers greatly reinforce the lower links when you are pushing loads in reverse.
Many owners of subcompacts have bent lower links and/or the lifting rods in reverse, usually when pushing dirt with a box blade or pushing a rotary cutter into thick brush. (I bent the Kubota turnbuckle check chains the first time I tried to push dirt in reverse with a Rollover Box Blade)

Now I have Stabilworks. Check out Mark's informative video:

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota www.stabilworks.com - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,091
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 395
The B2630 and B3030 had them didn't they? I remember the thread you are talking about, but I can't find it, I bought a couple of sets from Hodge, Stabilworks for our BX's and like them. If I locate the thread, I will post it later today.

It looks like the new B2650 and the B3350 are coming with them too. I just saw somebody in the B50 thread reference seeing a ratcheting lower link adjuster on a B2650 he checked out on a dealer lot - so I went and checked the Kubota online parts manual - and it is showing the telescoping stabilizers, the telescoping lower arms , and a ratcheting lift rod - for the B2650.

I compared the part number for one of the lower telescoping lift arms between the B2650 and the B2910 - and they are the same part number.

So it looks like these parts are still going to be available on certain tractors -and they're still active in the Kubota parts system.

If you get pin adjustable stabilizers I think you will find implements go on/off so easily that you will not want anything additional.

Remember, the rigid, pin adjustable stabilizers greatly reinforce the lower links when you are pushing loads in reverse.
Many owners of subcompacts have bent lower links and/or the lifting rods in reverse, usually when pushing dirt with a box blade or pushing a rotary cutter into thick brush. (I bent the Kubota turnbuckle check chains the first time I tried to push dirt in reverse with a Rollover Box Blade)

Now I have Stabilworks. Check out Mark's informative video:

Kubota tractor stabilizers Kubota [url]www.stabilworks.com - YouTube[/url]

That would be a big help. I got the Speeco quick hitch because it made swapping implements so much easier. But it's heavy. It looks like the combination of the telescoping stabilizers and maybe a Pat's Quick Change - would work just as well.

I've also been contemplating getting one of the very same rollover blades that you have - so it sounds like the telescoping stabilizers would be a "must do" enhancement.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #15  
I made lower links in the pictures that I posted and telescoping stabilizers.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #16  
I've also been contemplating getting one of the very same rollover blades that you have - so it sounds like the telescoping stabilizers would be a "must do" enhancement.

I have 257 hours on my B3300SU, which is the first tactor I have owned and bought implements for. ( I had loan of Deere/Yanmar 750 subcompact for a year before buying the Kubota.)

The B3300SU Operator's Manual, page 5, under IMPLEMENT LIMITATIONS, specs box blade at 500 pounds. Well, I wanted a 60" Rollover Box Blade and after creating a search for one on eBay and waiting for six months, the Bush Hog ROBB showed up, new-old-stock, not too far away, and I bought it. It is 630 pounds, 130 pounds over spec, so I do not blame on Kubota for deformed check chains. I have not had any troulbe pushing LOOSE dirt with the ROBB since installing the rigid stabilizers....but I am also cautious.

The ROBB was the first 600+pound implement I bought. With the factory check chains it was a struggle mounting it. Always got it on/off but the struggle, including big sweat and bad words, partly negated my pleasure using the tool. Now I get it on/off in three minutes, 65% due to Stabilworks mechs, 35% technique.

I am an adherent to the KISS principle; Keep It Simple, Stupid. Any mods I consider have to be simple. The problem with Pat's, which I own but have never installed, is the 4" setback making PTO shafts potentially too short and potentially requiring lengthening adaptors.

I offer advice on T-B-N but equally I have been the beneficiary of a lot of good advice from others.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/261489-rollover-box-blade-difficult-load.html

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...4-gannon-earthcavator-rollover-box-blade.html

Last edited:
   / Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #17  
Kubota's B3000HSDCC -the Newest B2650HSDC & B3350HSDC have the 3pt. lower extendable links.

Just ordered the telescopic stabilizers last night from Tractorsmart.com

I'm going to get the Pat's quick change next and try those out too. Lastly - I may get the adjustable lower arms.

I'm trying to pull this all together for some box blade work I anticipate having to do this summer.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #19  
I had the Pat's Quick Hitch on my subcompact. Nice option. But they didn't hook into the implement from the operators seat like you can do with the Speeco Quick Hitch.

Also, you can't use the quick hitches (tried both my old Pats and the Speeco) with the extendable lower link ends that come on the deluxe B models. The release lever & linkage block that allows the hitch end to slide outward interferes with the aftermarket quick hitch pins. So keep that in mind.

Be careful with the Kubota extendable links - the smaller "male" bar will bend. I've replaced a couple of them in 400 hours of B series use.

/ Upgrading 3pt hitch components on a B3200 #20  
Also, you can't use the quick hitches (tried both my old Pats and the Speeco) with the extendable lower link ends that come on the deluxe B models. The release lever & linkage block that allows the hitch end to slide outward interferes with the aftermarket quick hitch pins. So keep that in mind.
There is a version available which will replace the whole slide in extension, but you lose the ability to extend. See New Slide In Models for details.

Aaron Z