Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower?

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower?
This tractor does not have draft controls. Next time I mow, I will get a more current picture of the setting. This was my first mowing and it was level when the mower was behind. I did adjust a good bit of that out. If you think about it, the fact that I have the angle cylinder in float it should not matter much.

The only thing that I see is the degree of angle would change with arms. This might cause a desirable effect if I needed more angle down. If I was needing a perfect 90 degree up then it would be a problem. Am I wrong?

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #22  
Been looking at getting a ditch bank flail, I've been looking at Bestco, Titan and Victory. Victory is the lowest price but I like the Bestco a little better from the pictures.

Does the pto shaft on the Victory have a cvt joint on the pto shaft at the mower?

No it is standard u joint.

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #24  
No it is standard u joint.
Thanks, thats what all the ones I've looked at appear to be. Doesn't matter right now anyway, all three are out of stock.

I was looking closely at the Nova Tractor units. Was about to buy theirs but understood the Victory to work with Quick Hitches. Might give them a look.

Nova Tractor Ditch mower series

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #26  
Those don't look too bad, couple things I'm not a fan of but seem to spec out decent.

Wish it didn't have the green yellow color scheme though.

Lol yes, Victory is the same color.

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #28  
Been looking at getting a ditch bank flail, I've been looking at Bestco, Titan and Victory. Victory is the lowest price but I like the Bestco a little better from the pictures.

Does the pto shaft on the Victory have a cvt joint on the pto shaft at the mower?

I got mine from Bestco a few days ago. The shaft has a shear bolt set up at the mower. mower.jpg

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #29  
I got mine from Bestco a few days ago. The shaft has a shear bolt set up at the mower. View attachment 666922
How do you like it so far? What size did you get?

Most of the higher end versions have a cvt at the mower end due to the extreme angles it goes to. Pto shafts with cvt's are expensive so I figured the cheap models didn't have one.

/ Victory Ditch Bank Flail or Bush Hog 216 Rotary Mower? #30  
Victory told me they are out of stock until November. I got a Bestco. Haven't used it yet since my tractor is down. Seems well built can't wait to use it.