WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #11  
This 5x12 (I think its size?) steel has been a great for our 6x6 whuich is a tad more narrow than a UTV is. I'd get steel agian since its so much easier to fix than aluminum is.
ranger tows boss14.jpg

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #12  
Plus 1 on the Aluma trailer. We got a 10' for my wife's Kubota RTV500. we have used it for more duties than I thought we would. Tows like a dream.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #13  
Previously, the only trailer of ours that could carry the 12' JD XUV590E S4 was the 18' aluma car hauler, with beaver tail & pull out ramps. Wanted something a little easier to use so we just (as in yesterday) picked up a 14' tandem axle 7K utility trailer with a 4' drop ramp (the red one in the pic). The southern yellow pine deck is 76" x 14'. It has 2' expanded metal sides with a pipe top rail. The tall sides are OK as the 590E has mesh side curtains rather than doors.

Trailer parking around the tractor shed is getting a bit crowded. Good thing the little 1025R can move them around with a front mounted hitch.
PXL_20220125_194556324C.jpg
PXL_20220125_194612292.jpg

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #14  
Pics of S4 on trailer. No problem moving along between gator & trailer side.
Good clearance on approach angle with truck air suspension in high position, close clearance on approach angle with truck air suspension in lowest position (per an observer). Of course this could also be changed by changing the ball position on the hitch. No deflection of gate components observed during load/unload.

PXL_20220201_175846895.jpg
PXL_20220201_180002019.jpg

Last edited:
   / WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #15  
Brand-names are different up here in Canada, but an aluminum 5x10 single-axle is the ideal size for our (small) Mule MX Pro. For a larger UTV, or with front blade, a 6x12 would be better.

There are 2 schools of thought. Go big (14'++, steel, heavy) for flexibility and convenience; or small for weight and maneouvrability.
We've chosen the latter, so that we can tow it with an SUV rather than a truck, and so we can go down windier roads and turn around in tighter spaces. If you live in wide-open spaces, or never drive anything smaller than a 1/2-ton anyway, that's all less important.

Lightweight single-axle trailers often come without a front (tongue) jack. Do yourself a favour and get one, even if it's the cheapest available bolt-on.

With our 5x10, it can be hard to get a good angle on ratchet straps at the corners. We find it way easier and faster to just add an extra strap at the middle of each side to stabilize than to fiddle with getting positioning and corner angles just right.

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #16  
7' x 14' all aluminum trailer, 3500 lbs axle, has a 2900 gvwr so I don't need to register it. Hauls great, cost around $2800 I think, got it last summer. I have to load it all the way on the right side of the trailer when I have the doors on the Ranger, otherwise I can't get out :giggle:

i-h6MwZdq-M.jpg

I put boat buckles on the tongue, it really makes strapping the Ranger in quick and easy. Holds really solid, and much better than using ratchet straps.

i-B8kkjkK-M.jpg

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #17  
IMG_20201022_102113983_HDR~2.jpgfits perfect on my pj 6X12 dump trailer

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #18  
another thumbs up for Aluma I just increased to a 10’ from a 8’

/ WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #19  
I’d like to have a smaller trailer that’s wide enough but I don’t have one so I use my 14k tilt deck. I need 78 inches between the fenders to load my other mower and less overkill trailers are rare with that fender width.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
   / WHAT ARE YOU USING TO HAUL YOUR UTV #20  
I recently purchased a Kawasaki Mule PRO-FXT Ranch Edition (3 or 6 passenger) UTV, and for hauling purchased a 14 foot aluminum flatbed utility trailer made by "Quality Steel & Aluminum Products" in Elkhart, IN. The Mule is 11.5 feet long, and the trailer bed interior is 14 feet long.

When picking up the Mule, the technician helped me load it up onto the trailer. As you'll see in the pictures, the Mule seemed pretty far forward, though I assume he was watching the drop motion as the weight moved onto my truck's hitch. I'll play with it to figure out the best location on the trailer. I have a trailer tongue scale.

The technician also said that I only needed one tie-down on the back end. I ignored him and put tie-downs on all four corners.

The Mule is approaching the top weight capacity of the trailer, but I really didn't want to get a heavier two axle trailer. This single axle trailer I got is very easy to move around by hand, as needed.

Attachments

• 20210920_152110.jpg
    20210920_152110.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 143
  • 20210920_152121.jpg
    20210920_152121.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 167