What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today?
That is why the design of my tank and filter is so much better. The all-thread rod that holds the strainer onto the tube and the access port cover runs down the middle, so the hose connection is below that on the lid. Very close to bottom of tank.
Yep when I saw the pic of your setup, the advantages were obvious.

That is why the design of my tank and filter is so much better. The all-thread rod that holds the strainer onto the tube and the access port cover runs down the middle, so the hose connection is below that on the lid. Very close to bottom of tank.
I think that when I install the ext., my issue will be fixed. At least they acknowledged the problem and came up with a cure. Way more than I expected. You got good customer service from your manufacturer, if I recall your posts correctly.

This is what arrived today. Any suggestions on tooth length?
20240307_150952.jpg

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #474  
This is what arrived today. Any suggestions on tooth length?
You saw my short teeth, right? They work fine. The much longer single tooth I made for my custom 12" bucket works well, too, but longer must be stronger. Lot more welding so they are reinforced against bending.

You saw my short teeth, right? They work fine. The much longer single tooth I made for my custom 12" bucket works well, too, but longer must be stronger. Lot more welding so they are reinforced against bending.
I remember seeing the shorter teeth on your bucket, that's what prompted me to ask about length. was hoping you knew the length they extended out past the bucket edge. It looked like about 2" to me.

A little off topic, but this is a great vid about how our tractor companies got started and evolved to where they are now.

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #477  
I picked up a ground hog for planting 6’ to 20’ trees, etc. I was incredibly skeptical but have been pleasantly surprised! Planted nearly 40 trees and dug about a mile of hiking trails through my property (very steep land) as well as built rock walls with this little toy digger! Amazing work from a 14 hp Briggs!

I had to replace the starter, tighten bolts on hydraulic motors, and tighten hydraulic hoses on occasion. Plus a managed to derail a track with a rock. Got it back on with a racket strap and then tightened the track up a bit. I did weld some extensions onto the blade so it would be 4” wider on both sides to help get rock and dirt out of the tracks…

No idea why the hour meter is not connected to the key switch…

I did cut the floorboards into 3 sections so I can access hoses. Battery, and swivel motor with out dismantling so much to get to those items…

And, the main improvement!, i added a cup holder on the cage for my soda!

Attachments

• IMG_2435.jpeg
    IMG_2435.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
I picked up a ground hog for planting 6’ to 20’ trees, etc. I was incredibly skeptical but have been pleasantly surprised! Planted nearly 40 trees and dug about a mile of hiking trails through my property (very steep land) as well as built rock walls with this little toy digger! Amazing work from a 14 hp Briggs!

I had to replace the starter, tighten bolts on hydraulic motors, and tighten hydraulic hoses on occasion. Plus a managed to derail a track with a rock. Got it back on with a racket strap and then tightened the track up a bit. I did weld some extensions onto the blade so it would be 4” wider on both sides to help get rock and dirt out of the tracks…

I did cut the floorboards into 3 sections so I can access hoses. Battery, and swivel motor with out dismantling so much to get to those items…

Nice work. Maybe you can post some pics soon. Did the blade mod seem to help? I have considered widening the blade, but I don't want to alter it permanently. I want to make something that just hangs or attaches to blade easily. How many hours on your groundhog?

/ What did you do with your Chinese baby digger today? #479  
Nice work. Maybe you can post some pics soon. Did the blade mod seem to help? I have considered widening the blade, but I don't want to alter it permanently. I want to make something that just hangs or attaches to blade easily. How many hours on your groundhog?
45 hours on it now. I just welded two 3x4x1/4 box vertical to the each side. I made them permanent. I could have drilled them and bolted them to the side flanges…easier to just stick them on… Can’t imagine needing them off at my place. Wide open around here…just steeper than a cows face! Have to make sure I’m level before getting too carried away…

Nice looking machine. Looks bigger than my 1-ton. I like the cylinder protection. Does it have hydraulic cooler and filter?