What Do You Do For Exercise?

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #181  
for some reason a couple of photos didn't seem to post even when i try to edit.

here is breakfast

IMG_3555.jpg

and post workout smoothie

IMG_3556.jpg

both containing protein powder

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #182  
I had back surgery in January, and at ~260 lbs I decided I needed to lose some weight. So about two weeks after the surgery, I started walking, with a walker, a few hundred feet a day. after a few days I ditched the walker and started walking farther, a little at a time. Now, I'm up to a little over a mile a day, which doesn't sound like much, but due to the back problem I lost the use of my right calf muscle, so walking is a lot more difficult that it was before. I also cut my food intake at least in half, (I love to eat), and only have a light breakfast and a regular meal in the evening, no lunch, but maybe a granola bar if my stomach gets to growling too much. Last October the doctor's scale said I weighed 268 lbs, yesterday at the doctor's office for my bi-annual checkup, I was down to 238 lbs. I only take half the blood pressure meds I had been taking, and my BP is down to normal ~120/70 at rest. I'm going to keep trying to lose more weight, my goal is 190-200 lbs, less than I've weighed in about 50 years, and hopefully I can get off the BP meds all together.

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #183  
I've got 240 bales on my trailer that needs to be stacked in the barn. If anybody is looking for some good exercise, come on over. It takes me a little more time to git-r-done at my age. I guess the important thing is I'm still doing it and I don't have to pay to go to a gym.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #184  
The prawn cake is high in protein but I also use protein powder

View attachment 811948

I put a scoop of this protein powder in my post workout smoothie with frozen banana, spinach, oat milk, almond butter and cinnamon.

View attachment 811952

View attachment 811953
Diet is NOT exercise! And one can NOT Replace one with the other.

Apply both, but don't fall for false claims.,

Basicly, Diet boasting is vertue signaling with no benefit to anyone.

Exercise gyms STINK! Get out there!

Last edited:
   / What Do You Do For Exercise? #185  
I had back surgery in January, and at ~260 lbs I decided I needed to lose some weight. So about two weeks after the surgery, I started walking, with a walker, a few hundred feet a day. after a few days I ditched the walker and started walking farther, a little at a time. Now, I'm up to a little over a mile a day, which doesn't sound like much, but due to the back problem I lost the use of my right calf muscle, so walking is a lot more difficult that it was before. I also cut my food intake at least in half, (I love to eat), and only have a light breakfast and a regular meal in the evening, no lunch, but maybe a granola bar if my stomach gets to growling too much. Last October the doctor's scale said I weighed 268 lbs, yesterday at the doctor's office for my bi-annual checkup, I was down to 238 lbs. I only take half the blood pressure meds I had been taking, and my BP is down to normal ~120/70 at rest. I'm going to keep trying to lose more weight, my goal is 190-200 lbs, less than I've weighed in about 50 years, and hopefully I can get off the BP meds all together.
Jees'em

I don't take meds, but I have all the same expressions as you but tilt the scales at 180 and want to get back to 165.

Everyone needs goals!

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #187  
home gym ....

IMG_3436.jpg

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #188  
Diet is NOT exercise! And one can NOT Replace one with the other.

Apply both, but don't fall for false claims.,

Basicly, Diet boasting is vertue signaling with no benefit to anyone.

Exercise gyms STINK! Get out there!
I agree that everyone should do both but doing neither is worse than doing one. I know, this is an exercise thread :)

Virtue signaling sure has a negative connotation in my mind. I like to hear what others eat to try to lose weight and if I can get an idea from someone's boasting it will benefit ME!

Also, can I ask, if one were to try to lower their "bad" cholesterol, which works better, exercise or diet if you're only able to do one?

I guess I'm getting off topic, but not as far off topic as most threads get.

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #189  
There is work exercise and then exercise for the sake of working out. They both have there places. Another unfortunate thing with our culture and I’m guilty of it, eating becomes a hobby. I’ve lost somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds in the last 3 months. Keeping it off has been my problem.

I‘m up to 3700 miles on my e bike. I’ve had it about 20 months.
IMG_2132.jpeg

/ What Do You Do For Exercise? #190  
I did a short triathlon last weekend with my 2 boys 13 and 10. 300m swim, 10km bike, and 3km run. Each of us is fastest at one event so it was fun to see who won out and it was our first triathlon. Turned out that a 2 minute advantage after the swim is hard to catch! And I may not be fastest on the bikes anymore...
Good fun though and has got me motivated to learn to swim at a decent pace.