What "extras" do you regret when buying nee

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #31  
My last tractor purchase included three rear remotes (two factory, one dealer added) a rotary cutter and a box blade. I'm 250 miles from the dealer so I did not get 50 hr service. I don't mind doing the service myself. I ordered the shop manual a few months after I got the tractor and I've gotten a PTO chipper and a grapple.

I wish I'd spent the extra few hundred at purchase to upgrade the box blade to hydraulic operated rippers. I've been chipping larger material with the PTO chipper I got and at times I wish I had more HP to run the chipper. A few times I could have used more power to pull a box blade full of dirt but usually that's limited by traction.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #32  
My last tractor purchase included three rear remotes (two factory, one dealer added) a rotary cutter and a box blade. I'm 250 miles from the dealer so I did not get 50 hr service. I don't mind doing the service myself. I ordered the shop manual a few months after I got the tractor and I've gotten a PTO chipper and a grapple.

I wish I'd spent the extra few hundred at purchase to upgrade the box blade to hydraulic operated rippers. I've been chipping larger material with the PTO chipper I got and at times I wish I had more HP to run the chipper. A few times I could have used more power to pull a box blade full of dirt but usually that's limited by traction.

Yeah, my BB has hydraulic scarifier and the tractor has TnT. Makes a professional out of the operator. :)

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #33  
No tool is going to make me a pro at this. But better tools can compensate some for my lack of experience. Or they let me learn faster. I did get TnT- so useful especially for box blade work. Having the top cylinder got me to finally understand how the box blade angle affects cutting.

Interesting that few have regretted stuff they bought but many have regretted stuff they didn't buy. It's hard to add even more when you're already writing a big check, which is why I didn't get the hydraulic rippers.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #34  
No tool is going to make me a pro at this. But better tools can compensate some for my lack of experience. Or they let me learn faster. I did get TnT- so useful especially for box blade work. Having the top cylinder got me to finally understand how the box blade angle affects cutting.

Interesting that few have regretted stuff they bought but many have regretted stuff they didn't buy. It's hard to add even more when you're already writing a big check, which is why I didn't get the hydraulic rippers.

Yep, most decisions are money driven. I'm a hydraulic lover. Minimum 3 rear remotes and definitely FEL 3rd function. :)

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #35  
Not new, but my last tractor came with only one remote. The guy also had a batwing mower that his rep said they pulled with the orange tractor. Having never owned a batwing, or a Kubota, I was wrong thinking it could be pulled with it "as is". I got it home, and finally hooked it to the JDeere which had two remotes instead of one, and even then had to build a T in order to run it. Rumor has it, that it is $1800 to put another pair of remotes on the tractor.
David from jax

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #36  
None on my tractors, but on newly designed, acreage maintaining, small engines below 15 hp, electric starting was a wasted hundred bucks on each one of them; both foreign and domestic engines. Really never use it and removed the batteries to reduce weight.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #37  
I regret not getting telescopic stabilizers. I regret getting such a light tractor. I should have gotten into the next larger frame size, either a MX or L60.

I kind of regret getting all three remotes. I've not used more than one at a time, though I expect to down the line if I keep this thing.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #38  
I regret not getting telescopic stabilizers. I regret getting such a light tractor. I should have gotten into the next larger frame size, either a MX or L60.

I kind of regret getting all three remotes. I've not used more than one at a time, though I expect to down the line if I keep this thing.

If there is a chance, then you haven't wasted your money!
David from jax

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #39  
None on my tractors, but on newly designed, acreage maintaining, small engines below 15 hp, electric starting was a wasted hundred bucks on each one of them; both foreign and domestic engines. Really never use it and removed the batteries to reduce weight.
Just curious... why do you want to reduce weight? The more weight I add the better, as long as it isn't on the FEL.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #40  
I should have had my front tires foamed and had them install a grill guard. Both where things that I did later after a lot of abuse. On my rotary cutter, I should have paid for a slip clutch, but I honestly figured it would be quick and easy to change sheer pins. Some times it is, some times it isn't but all the time it's not what I want to be doing at that moment.

My neighbor paid for an extended warrantee to cover all electronics on his cabbed tractor. The dealer told him that it was a waste of money because they never have any issues in the amount of time the extended warrantee covers, but he didn't want to take the chance. Last year he told me that he wasted his money.

I don't think it was an option, but a better seat would have been really nice. I would have paid for that for sure!!!!