What "extras" do you regret when buying nee

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #41  
Re: What "extras" do you regret when buying new

A brush guard is pretty much mandatory equipment IMO. I wouldn’t foam the front tires unless absolutely necessary for the conditions.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #42  
Having had a shuttle 50 HP tractor I was downsizing, unlike some of you. So I don't regret the HP change. Or the change to HST. Love it. But my needs were different. I loved the HP I had but I just didn't need it and the size and weight of the whole unit made it difficult for me to move around from place to place and to even for me getting older to attach the bigger implements. And the things I do now lend themselves to HST. I like it much better for loader grapple and land maintenance type stuff. Matters not much either way for mowing and bush hogging which is the remainder of what I do.

I did get 50 hour service plus related pick up and return free. My dealer generally gives that to everyone who buys from him.

But I do wish I had gone ahead and had rear dual remotes put on. I don't have anything to use them on right now but thats an easy enough fix if I do need it. I did since add the third function for a grapple. Also and easy fix after the fact. I'll probably also add linked pedal to is some point. Not sure I need it but there are a few jobs I do it would be nice to apply it. The fact it can be turned off or on makes is a little more attractive. And perhaps the cruise control function for mowing. It might be handy sometimes. But its not a top priority. All things that can be added after the fact. Those things are all I can think of.

My 4105 didn't come with rear remotes... and I didn't anticipate ever needing a set, let alone 2 or 3 sets. I did want a 4in1 bucket so a 3rd function was added via soft lines to the end of the FEL.

Of course, whilst helping friends, in Pyengana, bring in the hay crop they asked if I could do some raking which required a rear remote IOT raise/lower the arms. The solution was to remove the 3rd function from the FEL and 'snake' it to the back, securing it all with tie-wraps. (no cab on my 'bare bones' tractor) Worked a treat and without the expense of a set of remotes.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #43  
My 4105 didn't come with rear remotes... and I didn't anticipate ever needing a set, let alone 2 or 3 sets. I did want a 4in1 bucket so a 3rd function was added via soft lines to the end of the FEL.

Of course, whilst helping friends, in Pyengana, bring in the hay crop they asked if I could do some raking which required a rear remote IOT raise/lower the arms. The solution was to remove the 3rd function from the FEL and 'snake' it to the back, securing it all with tie-wraps. (no cab on my 'bare bones' tractor) Worked a treat and without the expense of a set of remotes.

That works... unless you intend to run a box scrap with hydraulic top link along with your grapple at the same time for instance...well... then maybe you need both. I'll admit I currently have no situation for it... which is why its not on my "to do" list at the moment. Just something I would tell others to maybe consider in choosing a tractor if they need to work it into financing or budget. If they can. A single set of rears and FEL third function are things I would work in... or do like I'm doing... add on later.

I'd go so far as to say that a CUT of the smaller sizes that mostly does small farm/estate maintenance needs these MORE than many farming type tractors. Maybe arguable. But yes... I went there! :)

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #44  
That works... unless you intend to run a box scrap with hydraulic top link along with your grapple at the same time for instance...well... then maybe you need both. I'll admit I currently have no situation for it... which is why its not on my "to do" list at the moment. Just something I would tell others to maybe consider in choosing a tractor if they need to work it into financing or budget. If they can. A single set of rears and FEL third function are things I would work in... or do like I'm doing... add on later.

I'd go so far as to say that a CUT of the smaller sizes that mostly does small farm/estate maintenance needs these MORE than many farming type tractors. Maybe arguable. But yes... I went there! :)

We obviously have a wide range of tractors uses in this discussion. Wagtail's situation surprises me. I would have thought him to be the guy that needed and used multiple rear remotes.

My Kubota has three and when I have my BB on I am using all three. I have a QH on the 3pt with TnT so I am using two all the time.

My Ford has two and I use a hydraulic top link. When I have the BB on I am using both. Can't add a hydraulic side link because I don't have a third set.

I'd be very frustrated by a tractor with no rear remotes. :(

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #45  
My wish list is 3rd function, rear remotes and SSQA. But I'm OK with not buying with tractor. The price of the valves through dealer was nuts. The weight of the SSQA that Kubota sells is way too much for the FEL. I can and may add all these options at some point for about 25% of dealer/Kubota price.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #46  
Third function and dual rear remotes.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #47  
When I buy my next tractor, it will have a cab and 4 wheel drive. The loader will have a quick attach bucket and it will be ready for a grapple. Depending on what they have available, it might be a factory grapple, but what's most important is that it will have all the plumbing in place for a grapple.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #48  
The weight of the SSQA that kubota sells is way too much for the FEL
I hear you.

I would have preferred that SSQA didn't come as standard equipment on my new Grand L. I have no need for a SSQA on my FEL. It would have been one less mechanism to rattle around. For the one or two times I have ever taken a buck off and put back on, the old standard pin-on buckets worked just fine for me. That said, I think Deere has a much more compact and better designed quick attach system.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #49  
I don't think JD's system is any lighter. The style is known as European. It is rated to handle much larger loads. Downside is finding equipment that accepts it.

We've talked about this several times here on TBN. The uses of tractors here is very, very broad. An example is Eddie and Oldoak's posts above. Here's Eddie saying SSQA is a top priority. Then here's Oldoak saying he has no use for it. Both are correct in their understanding and expectations of their tractors.

I have four different attachments I regularly use on my FEL. Wouldn't even give consideration to buying without quick attach bucket system. SSQA is my preference because of ease in finding attachments.

/ What "extras" do you regret when buying nee #50  
What weight? You might be looking at 40 pounds difference but then the attachments have an additional weldment to hook the 4 pins to so maybe 30# additional weight. If you don't use it, that's one thing but your tractor will get passed for one that's ssqa equipped when you sell. JD's set up is simple but you'll never buy an attachment that's not painted green with the accompanying price of that green paint along with only a hand full of choices vs. virtually unlimited choices with the now universal and mostly standard ssqa.