What have you done to your Branson today?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,011  
I'm a big fan of self-leveling loaders... The BL200 SL is definitely worth the extra cost (approx ~$1K) when buying bundled with the tractor. No worries when lifting anything using bucket, forks, grapple, etc. Without self-leveling, wrist work on the joystick keeps your load from spilling, but not all tractors allow curling and lifting concurrently, making the action a bit less smooth. Self-leveling is a mechanical feature, no electronics, can't fail unless something on the loader breaks, and then you've got bigger problems. I'm not in a tractor everyday, so any cheats are welcome to keep me from making an error.

I don't think dealers do enough to get these into the market. Customers don't ask for it, but many customers looking at compact tractors don't know to ask.
I don't think the most of the costumers are aware or understand the self leveling loaders and the benefit they have. For the most part, it takes the two function need out of the question.

Branson only started offering actual Branson loaders in Europe in the last year or so, and all of them are self leveling, even starting on the 00 series.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,012  
Last Spring I was burning some very large brush piles. I was using my pallet forks to re-stack limbs and small tree trunks as the center of the piles burned out. The factory grill guard while being a stout unit has some rather large holes in it. I took a large spruce limb directly to the steel chin just under the plastic grill. The damage was too severe to make a proper repair and get the hood to properly seal against the lower bulb seal just in front of the battery. The replacement piece was $100 by the time it arrived at my door.
So rather than have a repeat this spring when the burning begins I decided to fill in the grill guard buy welding a couple of pieces of perforated steel to hopefully prevent this from happening again.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.JPG
    IMG_1573.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 98
   / What have you done to your Branson today? #1,013  
Last Spring I was burning some very large brush piles. I was using my pallet forks to re-stack limbs and small tree trunks as the center of the piles burned out. The factory grill guard while being a stout unit has some rather large holes in it. I took a large spruce limb directly to the steel chin just under the plastic grill. The damage was too severe to make a proper repair and get the hood to properly seal against the lower bulb seal just in front of the battery. The replacement piece was $100 by the time it arrived at my door.
So rather than have a repeat this spring when the burning begins I decided to fill in the grill guard buy welding a couple of pieces of perforated steel to hopefully prevent this from happening again.
Been there myself.....
20210326_152707.jpg

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,014  
What is the best red paint to match the Branson metal components? What red was used for the brush guard mod?

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,015  
What is the best red paint to match the Branson metal components? What red was used for the brush guard mod?
There is another thread pertaining to this topic. I grabbed a rattle can of "safety red" while at my local hardware store. It turned out to be a tad darker than the Branson red. Next time I am there I will grab a shade lighter and give that a try.

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,017  
Bought and mounted a LED magnetic beacon and SMV sign the other day. Just had to fabricate a support and machine a stub for the support to mount on.

Made the support removable otherwise so it doesn't get destroyed when working near trees. Also added a 12v socket near the left rear light, close to the beacon and there was an ignition On wire already there from factory waiting for it.

Let's try this Gif thingy and see if it works.

IMG_20220301_172027_2.jpg
IMG_20220301_172007.jpg
IMG_20220301_172014.jpg

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,018  
Very nice install! You always do great work my friend!

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,019  
Good job! (on the install and the post!)

I would probably start having seizures if I had to see a flashing light all day. I should rarely need to go on a road and property is on a lightly traveled county road...

/ What have you done to your Branson today? #1,020  
Very nice install! You always do great work my friend!
Thanks my friend!

Good job! (on the install and the post!)

I would probably start having seizures if I had to see a flashing light all day. I should rarely need to go on a road and property is on a lightly traveled county road...

Thanks! Yes, you're absolutely right about the flashing. I felt the same way. The beacon has three flashing modes and I did change to the rotational pattern right after the pictures, it's much easier on the eyes as it doesn't light up all the LEDs at the same time.