What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #901  
It's been a busy first month with the tractor! I mounted ROPS lights. Moved several tons of rocks. Moved 10 tons of dirt and graded 22 ground tree stumps. Moved about a ton of firewood. Pics show the lights, they are awesome. You can see the headlights only and then with the ROPS lights, and the rear lights allow me to back down the hill through the woods. One small issue, mounting the forward light below the bar, it shines into the back of my head so my head blocks a bit of the light but it's a wide bar so it seems to fill in the gaps, plus I am almost always bouncing around a little anyway.
Just be aware, the tail/turn signal lights mounted on out side of ROPS cost about $125 each... I moved mine inboard.... And yours do not even seem to have the guards mine has....

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #902  
Have BH, would hurt it I rolled onto a light.
See a few people go LEDs that fit the width of the ROPS.
Better idea ?

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #903  
IMG_0901.JPG

Finished up a driveway expansion for a customer today.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #905  
Are you able to run a compactor over that or just let them pack down by driving over it?

It can be compacted (plate or roller) I don’t believe it’s worth the cost to the customer and usually advise against it, but will do it if they want.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #906  
It can be compacted (plate or roller) I don’t believe it’s worth the cost to the customer and usually advise against it, but will do it if they want.
Fair enough. I've spread my fair share of ledgepak up here and although I've been told it's a necessity, I've always had good luck just running over it.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #908  
Just be aware, the tail/turn signal lights mounted on out side of ROPS cost about $125 each... I moved mine inboard.... And yours do not even seem to have the guards mine has....
Yes the factory turn signals on the outside of the ROPS are a risk. I am still pondering how to get them inboard without drilling a third hole in the ROPS which is frowned upon. The wires seem to be long enough to actually wrap around the ROPS bar to the inside, almost like it was planned. I would use one of the two bolt holes to put the wires to the inside but I think I need both bolts to hold the light secure. How did you do that?

Some weekend when it is raining I am thinking of some kind of clamping bracket to mount the light to the ROPS and using one of the two factory holes for the wiring. I'm kind of persistent on figuring out how to do those things (my fiance has another term for it) but I don't have a lot of fabricating tools beyond a dremel. If I start on it some Saturday morning, I'll figure out how to do it but so far, I haven't found a way in the 2 or 3 times I've spent a few minutes looking at it. But, I am open to suggestions and pictures of solutions!

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #909  
Yeh, that's pretty cool with the lights. I'm just curious though, some of you guys here look like you got some digging to be done eventually, why didn't you buy the tractor with the backhoe?
Like some others, I need the 3pt hitch to regularly move a trailer into a very small area, and since I will be using the mid mount mower in the yard the backhoe would limit close in work. The wife wants a garden which might mean a tiller off the 3pt too. I am of the "rent the backhoe the 3 times in 10 years I really need it" thought process, like I do a wood splitter. I hand split most firewood (actually for stress relief from the day job, last year's pile was extremely large until I took a new job and bought this new house--left them firewood for probably 5 years) but for those monster logs over 20 inches, I store them and once a year rent a log splitter for a day. I don't have any project planned that needs a backhoe, but several for the FEL and 3pt.

/ What have you done with/to your GC Series 2300, 2400, 1700 Tractor TODAY #910  
I fabricated a “boot” to slip over one tine of my forks. I welded an old ball to it, so I can drive up to a trailer, slip the ball into the receiver, lift and manuever the trailer into wherever I want it to go, then set it down, all from the seat. I used a 1 7/8 ball, which works fine for 2 inch and the 2 5/16 hitches. I don’t even bother to close the lock for this.
Altho I can back up a trailer pretty good (and even a 4-wheeled farm wagon) I find it much easier on the neck to face the trailer when backing it.
The ball could also be bolt-mounted near the edge of your bucket, if you don’t mind drilling a hole in the floor of it.