What to do with the swampland?

/ What to do with the swampland? #21  
ok, but sounds like you have a wetland ecosystem in place with some diversity. i'm glad to have the same here in the Ozarks. over the years i'm concerned about the loss of amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals & so on in this wetland habitat. ... glad to see your sculpture is in the spirit of the place.
btw will you let it rust naturally if mild steel, or do you want the new look? maybe i didn't read closely, regards

/ What to do with the swampland? #22  
Out here the lake creature is the OGOPOGO

great idea, lots of fun - excellent Yard Art :)

couple of thoughts
1) somehow secure it / lock it, hidden out of sight to a tree (?), the mailbox, something solid, so that it doesn't wander off (stolen)
2) add a target item ... old canoe, rowboat - that it can attack, maybe a broken paddle in the mouth, or a fishing rod
3) solar powered green Christmas lights as a silhouette effect

/ What to do with the swampland? #23  
OP: you must have duck in your wetland area. have you considered prepping & sowing a millet seedbed to attract the wildlife as a backdrop to your creature. might make it seem more authentic.
good work btw
I was about to tell them to pop a top and pat one another on the back and you think it's incomplete? :(

/ What to do with the swampland? #24  
all in good fun. nice project, but it needs more ambiance in the setting

/ What to do with the swampland?
Out here the lake creature is the OGOPOGO

great idea, lots of fun - excellent Yard Art :)

couple of thoughts
1) somehow secure it / lock it, hidden out of sight to a tree (?), the mailbox, something solid, so that it doesn't wander off (stolen)
2) add a target item ... old canoe, rowboat - that it can attack, maybe a broken paddle in the mouth, or a fishing rod
3) solar powered green Christmas lights as a silhouette effect

If somebody is so motivated to steal that thing, I want to film it as it is an awkward thing to handle!

My intension it to move it further onto the floating bog, so I'm hoping for a low snow winter so the bog freezes up enough to hold up my tractor and avoid getting swamp tractor stuck.

tractor stuck.jpg

/ What to do with the swampland? #28  
wouldn't be concerned about theft of your creature. how did you remove that rig out of muck?

/ What to do with the swampland?
wouldn't be concerned about theft of your creature. how did you remove that rig out of muck?

That's what I want to avoid by letting the swamp freeze over. Honestly with two weeks in the teens, I thought the swap would have iced over.

Last edited:
   / What to do with the swampland? #30  
That is one REALLY fantastic creature. Have fun........