What you got?

/ What you got? #71  
Wow, I just looked at all the great photos in this thread! Thought I would add one more! Here is my 59' Oliver 550 with FEL. I sold it to get my first Kubota about 8 years ago. I still can't believe I used that to finish cut my 5 acres every week!

Attachments

• 44-112196-1oliver.jpg
    44-112196-1oliver.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 136
   / What you got? #72  
Now thats a fine piece of yesterday iron well keep. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Would that be 1938 or 1939,and did it come w/the iron rear wheels?

Better keep a close eye on her /w3tcompact/icons/wink.giffor there tractor owners out there that are drooling. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ What you got? #73  
You sold her /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif you sold that one of a kind /w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif..man ole man..thats one of those tractor doesn't know the meaning quit,and to boot she looks in great shape.

/ What you got? #74  
It's a '38. The rear wheels/rims/tires are off a Farmall H. They were on it when I bought the tractor.

Not sure what it would originally have had. Could have been either steel, 36", 38" or 40" rubber. Judging by the gearing, I'd guess 40" rubber.

Found a set of 40" centers with one good rim. Priced another rim and a set of tires with tubes. 40" tires are VERY rare, and a repro set would have cost me $1500 with shipping and tubes./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I decided to keep the H stuff, as the tires were basically brand new anyway /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ What you got? #75  
Yea, there are times when I wish I still had it, but it was just too big for my needs now. I paid $2600 and used it for 5 years and sold it for $4500! I needed 4WD for my ice rink, as the chains on the beast just dug holes in the ice. Plus the PTO was always on, as the shift fork for it was broken. I had a new fork, but you had to split the tractor to change it. I figured if I ever needed to put a clutch in it was the time to change the fork. Never needed a clutch so it was always spinning, not that safe when using a mower on the back! It also didn't have power steering and the loader was always on, so it was quite a chore cutting the grass every week. The photo was taken right before I sold it after giving it a fresh paint job and new stickers.

/ What you got? #76  
I have a international 300 utility,complete motor rebuild also replaced torque amplifier at same time.I use it for mowing with 6' brushhog,grading and scrapping,plowing with my IH 3bottom plows.needs repainted yet.

/ What you got? #77  
Hi All,
I'm brand new to this site as of tonight and am very impressed.
As to What you got, I'm also a new owner of either a large garden tractor or a small farm tractor. It's a 1974 Power King 2414 3 speed and hydraulics. It has 24" ag rear tires and weights in at about 1500" . Weather in Pennsylvania hasn't been very ablidging this winter so haven't had an oppertunity to use the 5' "V" snow plow that came with it.
this site seems to be just what I need. With the implement and build it yourself sections.
I'm sure you will see my two cents worth from time to time and I know I'll have a question or two
See Ya
Ron Frost
Kersey, PA
ron217_2000@yahoo.com

/ What you got?
Welcome. Those Power kings are real nice. I would not mind finding a nice one one day.

/ What you got? #79  
Hi Ron,
Welcome to the TBN. Your 2 cents worth are always more then welcome. I have added alot of my 2 cents worth, I think I am up to maybe $1's worth so far.
Sounds like an interesting machine, if you are able, post some pictures of it, we All love pictures.

/ What you got? #80  
internationlman,
My Dad has a 300 Utility he is slowly bringing back to life, as much as it is just something for him to do, I think he wants to play with it at some of the local Fair tractor pulls.