Buying Advice Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get?

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #11  
I say Gravy has it right, too.

Get a quick attach plate and have a 2" receiver welded to it. You can then make a huge array of 2" receiver attachments, including the ball hitch that you need.

I can guarantee that if you put that ball hitch on a bucket or fork, you will have to remove it within a week to accomplish another task! :laughing: And if you put it on the back, you will have to get off the unit and LIFT an attachment onto the ball if it doesn't have a jackstand.

If you put it on a dedicated quick attach plate you can drive right up to things like, say, a log splitter, tilt it down, slip it under the tongue and then curl up to lift it. Then all you have to do is flip down the manual lock on the splitter's tongue to secure it. NO LIFTING! :thumbsup:

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #12  
The frame is a standard forklift carrier. I just welded brackets on the back for my 3pt hookup. I use two forks when I move pallets. I also use either one or two forks to dig up plants. You could make up a simple ball hitch adapter for the QA plate if that is what you have.

You can't see it, but there is a 2 in receiver behind the one fork.

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #13  
I say Gravy has it right, too.

Get a quick attach plate and have a 2" receiver welded to it. You can then make a huge array of 2" receiver attachments, including the ball hitch that you need.

I can guarantee that if you put that ball hitch on a bucket or fork, you will have to remove it within a week to accomplish another task! :laughing: And if you put it on the back, you will have to get off the unit and LIFT an attachment onto the ball if it doesn't have a jackstand.

If you put it on a dedicated quick attach plate you can drive right up to things like, say, a log splitter, tilt it down, slip it under the tongue and then curl up to lift it. Then all you have to do is flip down the manual lock on the splitter's tongue to secure it. NO LIFTING! :thumbsup:

It only takes about 1 minute to remove the ball. and another minute to add the other fork .

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #14  
Here is another adaptation for the FEL arms. A tractor 3pt boom with a high reach limb cutter on the end.

Attachments

• PT-1445 004.jpg
    PT-1445 004.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 287
   / Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #15  
I also did a 2 inch receiver with a home made quick attach plate. It's not as strong I think, but OK for light duty use.

Yes I now have qty 2, two inch receiver attachments. The home made one was very cheap.

Attachments

• quick attach plate cheap and light 011.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 011.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 151
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 012.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 012.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 134
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 016.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 016.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 150
  • quick attach plate cheap and light 020.JPG
    quick attach plate cheap and light 020.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 157
   / Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #16  
   / Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #17  
I built my own for about $30.00. You can see it in posts I started. Works great. Moves my dump trailer loaded without issue

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #18  
Just a comment about moving trailers around the property. Even a trailer that is within the lift range of your PT will have a profound impact on the driveability on slopes, specifically any sort of cross slope manouevers.

I had an interesting time with a 40HP chipper pushing my 1445 around a slope as I tried to extract it from a location where we had been chipping. Let's just say that the tractor didn't tip over only because there wasn't anything on the slope to catch a wheel sideways. Let's also say I won't do that again.

All the best,

Peter

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get? #19  
Just a comment about moving trailers around the property. Even a trailer that is within the lift range of your PT will have a profound impact on the driveability on slopes, specifically any sort of cross slope manouevers.

I had an interesting time with a 40HP chipper pushing my 1445 around a slope as I tried to extract it from a location where we had been chipping. Let's just say that the tractor didn't tip over only because there wasn't anything on the slope to catch a wheel sideways. Let's also say I won't do that again.

All the best,

Peter

Very good point. I frequently move my car hauler trailer around my yard with a load of wood on it with my PT425. I imagine it weighs in at around 5-7 thousand pounds. But my yard is table top flat. Even the slightest slope, wet grass, etc... could send me sliding very easily.

/ Which hitch receiver adaptor would you get?

All the best,

Peter

Excellent point. I will be very careful.

-Rob :)