Which oil is better??

/ Which oil is better?? #22  
   / Which oil is better?? #23  
So i drive less than 10K miles per year on any vehicle. I change my wal-mart synthetic every 10K. Therefore, my original post stands - i save the cost diff, invest it and come out ahead.....

It's the "...or 1 year, whic ever comes first" thing there.
I'm with you. I'll use whatever oil's on sale, and rust has claimed every vehicle I've owned way before any sort of engine trouble. Maybe severe usage might warrant an upgrade but how many of us qualify for that? No way no how am I gonna go 25k on an oil change, no matter how good some premium oil brand claims it is. As someone else noted, IMHO the likelihood of collecting from them on engine damage is nil.
yep. Go buy wally world 2 stroke oil. Mix it @100:1 run it in your favorite 2 stroke engine, and post what happens next ! 🤣
Not sure I'm following this. Why would I want to mix 100:1 in the first place? A 40 or 50:1 mix only uses a couple oz 2 stroke oil per gallon that even a quart will last a long time. Even if I was a professional logger I don't see the economy here, you're saving pocket change at best and I'm a bit skeptical that you're doing the engine any good by doing so.

/ Which oil is better?? #24  
The oil question goes around my Jeep Diesel forum a lot. After lots of numbers and tests the consensus seems to be any brand of CK-4 oil is going to be just fine.

/ Which oil is better?? #25  
yep. Go buy wally world 2 stroke oil. Mix it @100:1 run it in your favorite 2 stroke engine, and post what happens next ! 🤣
Huh? What does this have to do with this thread of 4-stroke engine oil?
And 100:1? What takes that?
I do use wal-mart 2 stroke oil in my 50:1 chain saw and it works fine.
What am i missing bub?

/ Which oil is better?? #26  
Not sure I'm following this. Why would I want to mix 100:1 in the first place? A 40 or 50:1 mix only uses a couple oz 2 stroke oil per gallon that even a quart will last a long time. Even if I was a professional logger I don't see the economy here, you're saving pocket change at best and I'm a bit skeptical that you're doing the engine any good by doing so.

Not an expert but I would guess that less oil = better combustion.

/ Which oil is better?? #27  
Not an expert but I would guess that less oil = better combustion.
That is sort of true. Definitely cleaner combustion. With no jetting or fuel injection mapping changes, less oil means more fuel per charge and and therefore a slightly richer mixture. In the olden days (1970's or so) you would run a 20 or 30 to 1 fuel to oil mixture in a 2 stroke. These days, with better oils, better metallurgy, and more precise and consistent engine clearances, 80 to 1 isn't uncommon.

/ Which oil is better??
I think that it was Nick's garage said that Amsoil
and wally world synthetic oil are about the same
so why spend the extra money for Amsoil???

willy

/ Which oil is better?? #29  
I just used up the last of my ARCO Graphite oil........ 🤪

/ Which oil is better?? #30  
I tried ever synthetic oil I could find for my 1985 Honda golding and the best I found was Amsoil. Put 250.000 miles and was still running strong when I sold it. There could be others as good I do not know. The biggest risk is the oil filter. Saw a video years ago where a guy bought a bunch of filters and cut them open for a check on the amount of filter material and pressure release setting. From what I saw Fram filters are really good for your wheelbarrow and that's about all you would ever put them on.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2014 John Deere 8270R MFWD Tractor (A33113)
2014 John Deere...
2022 John Deere 6105E MFWD Tractor (A33783)
2022 John Deere...
New 72" Swict Smooth Bucket (A34302)
New 72" Swict...
2018 John Deere XUV865R 4wd Gator (A33783)
2018 John Deere...
12K 2 POST CAR LIFT... (A34808)
12K 2 POST CAR...
2001 Mack CH613 (A34573)
2001 Mack CH613...