Who has Snow?

/ Who has Snow? #21  
We have about 8" on the ground and another 3-5" forecast with rain later this evening. Sure hope we don't get that rain.

/ Who has Snow?
Good grief - - rain could turn cold and lock you up like a Carmel dipped apple that was put in the freezer.

/ Who has Snow? #23  
We had first flakes yesterday. May get 3-5 inches later this week, or it could be rain. We are 14" over normal rainfall this year.

/ Who has Snow? #24  
Woke up yesterday AM to 12 inches of the white stuff. (aka s--t)
Problem is that it is perfect snowball density and that means the blower clogs up all too often, making matters worst is the ground is not frozen.
The blower did not let me down but there is a whole lot of black/grey snow everywhere now.
Man that wet stuff is heavy!

Fortunately my plow and blower were already installed as well as the chains, also fully fuelled.
It compacted at the simple pass of the tractor making any track a hump and adding to the rough ride and uneven plowing and blowing.
That is one downside of a CUT, just not enough weight to keep the wheels in contact to the road surface, at least in dense wet snow conditions.

One positive side is that it was only 32 deg, so not cold.

/ Who has Snow? #25  
That much heavy wet snow is royal pain in the butt. And it doesn't matter what equipment you have.

/ Who has Snow? #26  
I always try to pack down the first 2-3 inches of snow to try to not plow or blow all my gravel away. Some people just pack it down all winter and have one heck of a mess come Spring.

I have the most fun on the old Troy Bilt Rider with the 36" Blower. Quicker and cheaper than firing up the diesel plow truck.

/ Who has Snow? #27  
Had just a light dusting Friday, then it turned to rain. Chance of snow this upcoming week.

/ Who has Snow? #28  
I lit my wood stove this morning, first time this year :D

Keep the pics coming.

/ Who has Snow? #29  
The lake Superior basin has been wet all this summer and fall. Mixed in with some extra rain, followed by more of the same. Wish we could send some out to the left coast.

We had first flakes yesterday. May get 3-5 inches later this week, or it could be rain. We are 14" over normal rainfall this year.

/ Who has Snow? #30  

Today I put the box blade and landscape rack out back and got the plow mounted in the bucket. Hopefully that will hold off the 3-5".