Why pay more??

/ Why pay more?? #41  
For the same reason people bought Yugo's instead of a VW they got a better electrically heated back window so they could keep there hands warm pushing it to the garage.

:D One of the best responses I have read on tbn..LOL

/ Why pay more??
If that is the case, why is new Holland taking credit for Shibaura? Mahindra "takes credit" for Mitsubushi. Bobcat takes credit for Daedong. Massey takes credit for Iseki. The list goes on. I've tried, but I can't decipher this thread at all.

As far as I know, Kubota and Kioti are the only ones who make all of there own stuff and are the only ones not "taking credit" for someone else's machine.

As a mater of fact NH only uses Shibaru engines, and a bobcat and Kioti tractor are the same thing, they just hae different radiators and seats. NH builds there compacts with another company and it is not shibaru.....

/ Why pay more?? #43  
If that is the case, why is new Holland taking credit for Shibaura? Mahindra "takes credit" for Mitsubushi. Bobcat takes credit for Daedong. Massey takes credit for Iseki. The list goes on. I've tried, but I can't decipher this thread at all.

As far as I know, Kubota and Kioti are the only ones who make all of there own stuff and are the only ones not "taking credit" for someone else's machine.

As a mater of fact NH only uses Shibaru engines, and a bobcat and Kioti tractor are the same thing, they just hae different radiators and seats. NH builds there compacts with another company and it is not shibaru.....

You get MDM's point though, right?

For total integration, from building to sales and support, As far as he knew, only Kioti and Kubota make/sell/support all their own stuff.

The line between having suppliers, and Kubota and Kioti surely have people supply them with everything from wheels/tires to filters,oil and electrical components and those manufacturers that assemble pieces and parts virtually completely from other suppliers to those who merely re-sticker someone else's tractor is pretty blurry.

Still, the original point is well taken. The debate as to which corporate philosophy produces the better tractor and at what price point for the consumer will rage for some time, I suspect.

Back in the day, old Henry Ford owned virtually every single component in his Model T. Down to the ships which carried the ore to the forest where the charcoal was made (Kings FORD charcoal). The only thing he bought were the Firestone tires because of a marital arrangement, I believe. :D:D

That kind of vertical integration just doesn't exist today.

/ Why pay more?? #44  
Didn't Shibaura build compacts for Ford/New Holland? I'm not sure about each model New Holland offers today, but they certainly took credit for Shibaura machines in the past. The engine is the heart and sole of any machine. This whole argument is pointless.

I will agree that some brands are better than others as far as quality and reliability. Its just illogical to believe all tractor brands are of equal quality across the board, but that is what most believe when they are the owner of a 2nd or 3rd tier machine. There's nothing wrong with those machines either. If you have two seperate manufactures building similar machines, there is no way they can be of equal quality. One has to be better than the other. Buy what you like.

/ Why pay more?? #45  
Picture of a draw bar:

new_drawbar.gif

This item was not a standard option but the dealer where I got the tractor made this standard. So, I got one (somewhere in my garage), 400hrs on my tractor and I still haven't found a use for it...

So why a more expensive brand over another? These are some of the reasons why I got one brand over the other:

- Availability (dealer at a reasonable distance),
- Known brand that I think that will stay in business for a while,
- Price (not so much) but 0% financing for 60 months did got my attention,
- Good product reviews,
- Get the job done!

I agree that you may need a minimum of equipment but when that is reached, then it's the list above that helped me decide. In my case, the MF was a little more than the Bota (before interests). Maybe in my case it was different since there is not a whole lot of choices in the sub-compact cat.

My 2 cents.

/ Why pay more?? #46  
well i want a 20-25 hp, 4wd tractor for mowing: brand new for $5,000 or less...an i don't care what color it is: an i want the reliability of green an orange of course.
but as my Dad use to tell me, just because i want it, doesn't mean i am gonna get it..
heehaw