Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #601  
I think that is the general perception across the country

/ Will UAW Strike? #602  
In reality, a 40% wage increase over 4 years isn't all that much, just keeping pace with Bidenflation, sort of and nothing more in reality but 40% sounds like a wad if you don't factor in it's over 4 years.

I see SS is going to get an increase as well but nowhere near the rate of Bidenflation, as usual.

/ Will UAW Strike? #603  
I can guarantee my social security will not go up as much as inflation.

I’m just damn glad and very fortunate. I was able to stash a chunk of change away for my retirement.

/ Will UAW Strike? #604  
I can guarantee my social security will not go up as much as inflation.

I’m just damn glad and very fortunate. I was able to stash a chunk of change away for my retirement.
Timing is everything.

/ Will UAW Strike? #605  
That is another one of those union tricks. They get a 'pension' which also feeds the bosses rather than a 401k plan, which for the vast majority of people have outperformed what they could have got from a pension. Bosses don't like them, because they don't get a cut of the 401k.

In my non-union jobs, employers match some of my savings. Imagine that, a company offering a benefit without a union thug with a knife at their throat. Almost as if good businesses understand they need to keep good employees happy.

/ Will UAW Strike? #606  
I keep wondering what will happen when the UAW strike fund is depleted and the strikers no longer get any compensation at all. Like I said previously, here in Michigan they are not eligible for any sort of public assistance like unemployment because they 'walked off the job' voluntarily.

I keep hearing the strike fund will last until just before Christmas (with the current amount of strikers, but could be shorter if Fain has more workers walk off the job.

Could and probably will get ugly when notes come due and they (strikers) cannot pay them. Finance companies and lenders aren't sympathetic to those self induced plights, they want their money, plain and simple.

/ Will UAW Strike?
I wonder if employees at non-union automakers in the US will look at the deal UAW workers end up getting and try to unionize their own plants.

/ Will UAW Strike? #608  
I wonder if employees at non-union automakers in the US will look at the deal UAW workers end up getting and try to unionize their own plants.

I doubt it. If employees are treated humanely by having company profits distributed fairly as well as good working environment there is no need for a union.

I worked at a plant within one company that didn't have a union and then transferred to another plant in another state within the same company that had a strong union.

/ Will UAW Strike?
I doubt it. If employees are treated humanely by having company profits distributed fairly as well as good working environment there is no need for a union.

I worked at a plant within one company that didn't have a union and then transferred to another plant in another state within the same company that had a strong union.
There have been a couple of unsuccessful attempts made at Tesla already. I would think that if the UAW cuts a really good deal it may entice more pro-union employees.

/ Will UAW Strike? #610  
Probably not taking into account whatever 'deal' they ultimately get because right now they are going backwards not only in wage compensation but in ancillary benefits. Keep in mind that striking workers are not under the benefit umbrella that the automakers provide. That all ceased the second they walked off the job.

The longer the strike goes, the farther back in wages and ancillary benefits the strikers are getting.

So long as the non union suppliers provide adequate compensation and benefits to their workers, I don't see them unionizing because they don't want to pay union dues anyway.

I also suspect that a percentage of suppliers will cease doing business anyway, most if the smaller ones are just hanging on barely.

Just sitting back and watching and reading all the whining on the local facebook from striking autoworkers complaining they have no money. Not my problem and I sure as heck won't 'loan' them any, either.