Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #31  
This is all supposed to go down on the 14th of September?

/ Will UAW Strike? #32  
UAW and skilled? Is that possible?
Now that's funny. I would ask him but know the answer. I love the guy, generally don't agree with him but he knows how to watch movies at work...

/ Will UAW Strike? #33  
My new truck is either sitting in the lot at Flint, Michigan or may have been put on a railcar, according to the dealership. Estimated delivery time is between August and December, according to the GM computer system. The General Manager for the dealership said the UAW was asking for a 30% pay raise and decreasing the work week from 40 hours to 32 hours. That's not going to happen. So, unless my truck makes it by September 14th, who knows when it might come in.

/ Will UAW Strike? #34  
My new truck is either sitting in the lot at Flint, Michigan or may have been put on a railcar, according to the dealership. Estimated delivery time is between August and December, according to the GM computer system. The General Manager for the dealership said the UAW was asking for a 30% pay raise and decreasing the work week from 40 hours to 32 hours. That's not going to happen. So, unless my truck makes it by September 14th, who knows when it might come in.
Wish you the best.....

/ Will UAW Strike? #35  
Once it is in the hands of the transport company, any UAW strike should not affect delivery.

/ Will UAW Strike? #36  
Once it is in the hands of the transport company, any UAW strike should not affect delivery.
The GM said the Teamsters and RR unions would not "cross the picket lines" so vehicles would sit where they were till after the strike was over.

/ Will UAW Strike? #37  
The big thing the union concept gets wrong is that seniority and competence are not often coordinated. In a RTW state, the better workers get paid more. In a union shop, the guys who have managed to avoid being fired the longest get paid more. I'm sure there are some senior guys who are also competent and hard-working. The most competent, hardest working people tend to leave union jobs or never take them in the first place. Why would you bust your hump so some lazy slob who started a year earlier than you can get paid more and get 1st crack at vacation days, shifts, etc? Again, not painting all union guys with that brush, just the average ones versus the average in a RTW situation.

/ Will UAW Strike? #38  
General Manager for the dealership said the UAW was asking for a 30% pay raise and decreasing the work week from 40 hours to 32
Try a 40% wage increase and getting paid for 40 but working 32. Been my experience from delivering steel to auto plants (when I worked for the non union outfit I retired from) that every plant I delivered at, most of the workers were doing nothing but trying to not work or hiding somewhere. Amazed me that anything actually got built. GM in Flint was the worst and Chrysler in Trenton, Michigan was a close second.

/ Will UAW Strike? #39  
Try a 40% wage increase and getting paid for 40 but working 32. Been my experience from delivering steel to auto plants (when I worked for the non union outfit I retired from) that every plant I delivered at, most of the workers were doing nothing but trying to not work or hiding somewhere. Amazed me that anything actually got built. GM in Flint was the worst and Chrysler in Trenton, Michigan was a close second.
Do the local guys not understand that this will just push more work to other places?

We lament the fact that jobs left the country, but many of those complaints are from the same people who pushed them away. If you want a 40% increase in pay, do 40% more work. If you think it is unfair that a CEO gets paid more, go to school and work your way into a 'cushy' CEO job. It's easy, anyone can do it. No boss. Life is great! Smh