Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #61  
There may come a time when the only Unions remaining are in the government sector...

/ Will UAW Strike?
Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #63  
Ford sold 640,000 F series trucks in 2022, the only cars they sell are Mustangs.
Ford is worldwide and has divisions like Lincoln domestically.

Plus specialty autos still in the works...

/ Will UAW Strike? #64  
I am now constantly solicited by the local Ford dealers to trade in my F150 or wife's Edge and at 5k under msrp. We're back in a buyers market for most cars.
Have you ever noticed how much they want for those little Rangers or full size Broncos? Nuts!

/ Will UAW Strike? #65  
I am now constantly solicited by the local Ford dealers to trade in my F150 or wife's Edge and at 5k under msrp. We're back in a buyers market for most cars.
Have you ever noticed how much they want for those little Rangers or full size Broncos? Nuts!
Imagine how much more it would be if the union boss gets his way.

/ Will UAW Strike? #66  
UAW has not had COLA since 2009 when that was given up. I'm sure the $25 figure is adding in any increase with COLA.

2023 Resolution: Reclaim the Cost Of Living Allowance (COLA) Wage Adjustment - Unite All Workers for Democracy
The only substantial COLA increase I ever recieved in my lifetime, was when I left the union and started my own company.
If a cost of living increase is neccesary to survive, I would suggest they start thier own company and see how that works. From what I have seen over the years, most wouldn't make it on there own.
But they can make it in the union environment? What does that say about there worth in wages?

/ Will UAW Strike? #67  
Ford sold 640,000 F series trucks in 2022, the only cars they sell are Mustangs.
What about the Edge and Escape? I know they're marketed as SUVs, but they're really just station wagons.

/ Will UAW Strike? #68  
You reminded me, I saw a Cadillac station wagon on the road yesterday. Laughed my arse off. Dad had a used '74 Sedan DeVille as his midlife crisis vehicle. He grew up dirt poor (family lost the farm in the Depression when he was a baby). Cadillac was his way of proving he made it. I'm pretty sure he would never have done that with a station wagon. (To be fair, we had a station wagon earlier, but it was strictly utilitarian).

/ Will UAW Strike? #70  
Imagine how much more it would be if the union boss gets his way.

There are probably other areas that Ford could curb costs: maybe start by reducing the compensation of executives that reduce the income stream down to one product line, that is under-simplified and due for refresh, and then bet all the profits from that line on green.

They will leave with multiple millions no matter where the ball is at when the wheel stops spinning.