Wind Generation

/ Wind Generation #101  
Just because you don’t see smoke belching from the stack doesn’t mean that mercury, sulfur dioxide and other nasty toxins aren’t in the exhaust.
I agree. I had the honor of drafting the Oklahoma Clean Air act back in the 90's, and I can assure that any coal fired plant in this state not only has a permit, but must control emissions of SO2; Mercury, radio active elements, etc. and dispose of these nasty things in an environmentally acceptable manner. One thing that makes natural gas cheaper, is that it is cleaner to begin with, although some nasty things like SO2 must be removed when present.

/ Wind Generation #102  
I have no clue what you are talking about, but the reason that I know that natural gas is cheaper is because the power companies have said this. I assume that these companies understand the economics of power generation. We have had multiple feature stories in newspapers where local power companies have stated the big cost savings of coal plant conversion to gas. And you are speaking absolute nonsense about being out of natural gas. This is one of the most abundant energy resources in America and my state is the number 2 producer. Petroleum companies are doing quite well at this time, and my state has a $1.6 billion budget surplus this year due to oil and gas drilling revenues. The industry has made statements that there is a 2-300 year supply of untapped natural gas resources in America. And yes the oil companies are drilling and piping this gas at this time, unlike misinformation to the contrary.
Your state better check with the feds. No more leases on federal lands since November of last year.

/ Wind Generation #103  
Your state better check with the feds. No more leases on federal lands since November of last year.
The moratorium has ended, and it had no immediate effect because oil companies have millions of acres of previously issued federal land drilling permits that they could drill, but have yet to do so. I’m a federal land manager and am very familiar with the situation. The primary reason for the moratorium was to assess fair market value of federal permits. The US taxpayer was getting screwed by the oil companies getting permits at prices that haven’t been updated for many decades. Permits on state and private lands are much higher than drilling permits on federal lands. The assessment is intended to establish fair market value.

/ Wind Generation #104  
The moratorium has ended, and it had no immediate effect because oil companies have millions of acres of previously issued federal land drilling permits that they could drill, but have yet to do so. I’m a federal land manager and am very familiar with the situation.
Humm, didn't realize the moratorium ended. Good to know. Glad to see coal booming here again as well. We're going to need energy.

/ Wind Generation #105  
Humm, didn't realize the moratorium ended. Good to know. Glad to see coal booming here again as well. We're going to need energy.
As I stated, the moratorium wouldn’t have effected operations for years anyway. There are so many acres of federal leases that have been held by oil companies and not yet drilled.

/ Wind Generation #106  
The moratorium has ended, and it had no immediate effect because oil companies have millions of acres of previously issued federal land drilling permits that they could drill, but have yet to do so. I’m a federal land manager and am very familiar with the situation. The primary reason for the moratorium was to assess fair market value of federal permits. The US taxpayer was getting screwed by the oil companies getting permits at prices that haven’t been updated for many decades. Permits on state and private lands are much higher than drilling permits on federal lands. The assessment is intended to establish fair market value.
The moratorium ended?
https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...oratorium-on-oil-gas-drilling-on-federal-land

/ Wind Generation
Without diesel fuel , i suppose in my area i'm looking forward to seeing farm equipment docking at a wind tower to recharge a trailer full of batteries hitched between the tractor and implement . The farmer will need to furnish his own cable because the wind power co. failed to provide any . LMAO , but in reality it won't be funny if that happens .

/ Wind Generation #108  
As I stated, the moratorium wouldn’t have effected operations for years anyway. There are so many acres of federal leases that have been held by oil companies and not yet drilled.

Yes, I'm well aware that it was a publicity stunt.

/ Wind Generation #109  
   / Wind Generation #110  
The moratorium ended?
https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...oratorium-on-oil-gas-drilling-on-federal-land