Wind Generation

/ Wind Generation #111  
   / Wind Generation #112  
No comment on what the "experts" say. Lol
It’s information. Believe what you want. But it is true that oil companies have always had at least a decades worth of undrilled permits on federal lands. The Department of Interior that tracks oil/gas leases shows that there are currently leases issued on 26 million acres of federal department of Interior lands. This doesn’t even account for permits on US Forest Service lands. A short term moratorium has zero effect on oil and gas production. Also consider that most oil and gas production occurs on state and private lands.

/ Wind Generation
***** doesn't need to scale back oil energy production because in the 8 years of the oboma administration scaling back of oil production was done in the first year .

/ Wind Generation #114  
***** doesn't need to scale back oil energy production because in the 8 years of the oboma administration scaling back of oil production was done in the first year .
The statistics show that you are wrong. Oil and gas declined in 2008 due to the recession, then steadily climbed until Covid reduced demand in 2020. It is climbing this year, but not quite at the level that was happening immediately pre-Covid. There is too much emphasis on what individual presidents can do with oil production. This is more controlled by supply and demand market factors than government. Consider that 80% of oil and gas is produced on state and private lands, not federal. And it has always been this way.

/ Wind Generation #115  
It’s information. Believe what you want. But it is true that oil companies have always had at least a decades worth of undrilled permits on federal lands. The Department of Interior that tracks oil/gas leases shows that there are currently leases issued on 26 million acres of federal department of Interior lands. This doesn’t even account for permits on US Forest Service lands. A short term moratorium has zero effect on oil and gas production. Also consider that most oil and gas production occurs on state and private lands.

You and I know this, the guy that put it it motion knows it but the vast majority of Americans that lauded the edict doesn't.

/ Wind Generation #116  
Been a lot of bull crap bandied about in this thread.
This country better look twice before shutting down existing power plants for feel good garbage.
Wind and Solar can not and will not ever be the primary power supplier they are too unstable and
variable there has to be abundant generation capacity idling in reserve to pickup the slack
when large clouds move across the skies and winds calm down.
The conventional power plants are what has to respond almost instantly to maintain voltage at desired levels
either by dropping load to let "so called renewables" provide or picking up load rapidly when they fall on there face.

/ Wind Generation #117  
Been a lot of bull crap bandied about in this thread.
This country better look twice before shutting down existing power plants for feel good garbage.
Wind and Solar can not and will not ever be the primary power supplier they are too unstable and
variable there has to be abundant generation capacity idling in reserve to pickup the slack
when large clouds move across the skies and winds calm down.
The conventional power plants are what has to respond almost instantly to maintain voltage at desired levels
either by dropping load to let "so called renewables" provide or picking up load rapidly when they fall on there face.
Few power companies are just relying on renewables; but they are shutting down or converting old obsolete coal plants to natural gas. Most power companies are pretty smart (except ERCOT in Texas) about their electric generation strategies and no doubt know a little bit more than you and I about this.

/ Wind Generation #118  
The statistics show that you are wrong. Oil and gas declined in 2008 due to the recession, then steadily climbed until Covid reduced demand in 2020. It is climbing this year, but not quite at the level that was happening immediately pre-Covid. There is too much emphasis on what individual presidents can do with oil production. This is more controlled by supply and demand market factors than government. Consider that 80% of oil and gas is produced on state and private lands, not federal. And it has always been this way.
“Climbing” is a bit too mild of a term.
Id call doubling “rocketing”
I fuel up my truck 1X/week. The price jumps nearly every week.
We all know what’s going on. The little guy is getting screwed. Again.

/ Wind Generation #119  
“Climbing” is a bit too mild of a term.
Id call doubling “rocketing”
I fuel up my truck 1X/week. The price jumps nearly every week.
We all know what’s going on. The little guy is getting screwed. Again.
Agree about the prices. My comment about climbing was related to production. We are getting screwed because US oil is exported to the highest bidder and subject to worldwide pricing. It was better before we exported oil and prices were more driven by US market factors. Thank the 2018 Congress for authorization of exports.

/ Wind Generation #120  
And it just keeps going higher with no end in sight.
For the middle class fighting for survival, it would sure help if he had someone on his side instead of EV virtue signalers vilifying them and a gov unwilling to do anything to help. It’s all out war on the middle class. They pay all these extra expenses.