Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Windows 11 #91  
Yes, but some articles are saying that the patch fails to fix the issue. I hope it gets fixed!
Did I misread the write-up or does this security hole only apply to domain controllers (a very small % of computers in existence, and likely running Windows Server software)?

/ Windows 11 #92  
Did I misread the write-up or does this security hole only apply to domain controllers (a very small % of computers in existence, and likely running Windows Server software)?

There are facts and there are fiction.

Fact:

The security hole is in the print spooler. Every computer in existence with Windows has a print spooler installed upon the installation of Windows. Microsoft took the unusual step of also including Windows 7 in the update eligibility list because so many people, businesses and individuals are still using Windows 7.

Fiction:

The update does not apply to me.

/ Windows 11 #93  
I thought they were restricting the update to newer pc's. It sounds like you're saying anybody that wants it can get it. My desktop is older with an i7 cpu, but w11 is not an option. The irony is they are probably claiming to be environmental, but this policy will send a large amount of electronics to the trash heap.
Your PC or laptop must be signed in to your Microsoft account now to get updates(outlook or hotmail). Its under account protection...

/ Windows 11 #94  
Last edited:
   / Windows 11 #96  
Microsoft releases normal patches every second Tuesday of each month at 10am PST (called patch Tuesday). Sometimes they will release and out of band patch if its critical outside of of this date.

/ Windows 11
   / Windows 11 #100  
A nice nugget to add to one's IRA or 403b I say. :cool: Meanwhile "What's up with Windows 10??" .. besides more bloatware and resource-hogging 'background services'? Just how many times does Windows have to run 'modules installer' during a session?

Please let me have >50% of CPU with a Core i5 (quad core, clocked to 2.8GHz, 8GB ram) and 10% of my HD access a bit more than half of a session 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.