Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you?

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #51  
Those tractors also had issues with condensation in the dash and condensation in the tail lights. You probably won't see that unless it was recently washed or in the rain.

Myself, I wouldn't be too concerned about the CaCl in the tires and some corrosion. It is common to have a little corrosion in CaCl filled tires. It would takes many years to be a serious problem in most cases. You could use it as a reason for the seller to lower the price. I would not consider replacing any rims until the tires need changing. You could remove the CaCl is desired.

I just filled my rear tires with magnesium chloride instead of calcium chloride.

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #53  
I was told magnesium chloride will not eat the rims like Calcium chloride. I think they charged me maybe $300 to fill the rims.

I heard that is CaCL hits the ground, it's like a toxic spill clean-up. Magnesium is supposedly less toxic, but I can't prove that to be true.

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #54  
Looks like a pretty nice rig, I wouldn't worry about the rear rims myself until they got bad or until the tires needed changed. You might check to see if changing the fluid out would slow the corrosion down.

Good Luck

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #55  
Economy is bad.. if you made a reasonable offer.. you will likely get it after they let it set a day or two to make sure no more last minute offers come in.

soundguy

Thank you - thank you - fingers crossed here... no call back on the offer I made... not sure if that's a good sign or not. it simply is...

On a very much related note - talked to the local dealer here who has been tops in this process - got pricing for the rear wheels should the rust along the seam be what I think it is and I need new hardware... my guesstimate when looking at the tractor was dead on - looks like it's $315/per wheel rim... and then ball parking around $200 in labor and materials to get the existing rubber off the rotted rims, CaCl made to go away, tires mounted on new rims with new tubes and some magic beet juice added to the rear. SO - $1K all in to have "new" rear wheels.

Should I get a call back tonight - right after I talk to the wife - you all will be the next to know.
But - to be fair and keep you interested - here's a pic... of the tractor in the basement... which was way better than the bat cave. (PS - before there is a flurry of posts about the leak spots... one is dribble from attaching the loader the first time in 9 years... the darker stuff on the right is from a dripping oil rag that was laying on the front axle when we got there - you can see some of the darkness on the axle itself.)

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you?
Economy is bad.. if you made a reasonable offer.. you will likely get it after they let it set a day or two to make sure no more last minute offers come in.

soundguy
I'm it for offers as it's not "public" yet... I think the offer is fair - I don't know if they do... hence the delay. I'd be willing to move up a little bit if they countered reasonably - but not a TON.
They already had it "sold" once - the guy couldn't get financing on a 10 year old tractor - and then bought a new Kubota with 0% over 60 months...
So @soundguy - I agree - logically - a reasonable offer in this economy - they "should" take it...
As soon as the phone rings - you will know :D

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #57  
I'm it for offers as it's not "public" yet... I think the offer is fair - I don't know if they do... hence the delay. I'd be willing to move up a little bit if they countered reasonably - but not a TON.
They already had it "sold" once - the guy couldn't get financing on a 10 year old tractor - and then bought a new Kubota with 0% over 60 months...
So @soundguy - I agree - logically - a reasonable offer in this economy - they "should" take it...
As soon as the phone rings - you will know :D

Good Luck - I hope your phone rings. In this economy, and with the circumstances surrounding the last "final offer" they lost due to financing, hopefully they will consider yours fair. They should also consider thatfinancing new is easier than used if you do not have a ton of cash lying around.

Keep us posted, and good luck. :)

/ Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #58  
   / Would a 2000 model year tractor w/ 5 hours scare you? #59  
I'm it for offers as it's not "public" yet... I think the offer is fair - I don't know if they do... hence the delay. :D

Good Afternoon Fishpick,
OK Ive been nosing around :eek:, Walworth is only 250 miles from East Wells ! ;):)

Hopefully no public offering !;) :)