XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #31  
Need to see if the Engine Warning Lamp is lit on the lower left side of the dash.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation.
I will take a full dash picture tomorrow when I get home. I don't recall seeing any other lights coming on the dash. I did notice as soon as the tractor warms up and goes into re gen it never makes it through the process even running for the 15 to 20 minutes at full rpm. Just drops rpm then shuts down.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #33  
Several things to note:
1. If it is turning off before the regen process is completed, you may have an overload of soot. In that case, a full regen will most likely take more than 20 minutes. If it cannot complete a regen it will try again, after a few minutes or so, the next time you start the engine.
2. If the temp sensor is bad, the temp guage may not be registering the correct temp.
3. Make sure your radiator screen is clean and be sure to clean the radiator fins....the fins may be filled with debris.
4. Double check your air filters to make sure they are clean and properly installed. I inadvertently put my air filters in backwards the first time I changed them and my engine immediately when into Limp Mode when I gave it some throttle. You would think it would be impossible to install the air filters backwards, but trust me, it can be done.

The more I think about your situation, the more I am convinced it may be a temp sensor issue causing the engine to go into Limp Mode, eventually shutting off the engine, and not allowing your regen process to complete and leading to a soot overload.

Thanks alexsbuddy. I'll try to find the temp sensor and order one. Radiator is real clean and new air filters are installed.

Is there anyone that sells code scanners? Looks like my dealer will not come out to fix my tractor. Nice support!!! If I can figure out what sensor is bad I can order parts from Seattle and get Betsy running again.

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #36  
So far, only the LS dealer scanners can read codes. I found a program that will let me take a snapshot of my running engine but that's about all it will do. There is a whole other thread on scanners for LS tractors.

Bought the Nexas NL 102 scanner but need to find the right adaptor to hook it up. Grandview sent a GES031A adaptor but it's not the right one. The pins fit but the actual connection is wrong and the scanner shows no connection other than low battery code. Anyone know what adaptor will work?

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #38  
Here's a link to the cable I bought that will connect to your LS. It doesn't have a keyed pin

Thanks George2615. I noticed the adapter only has 4 connections. My tractor shows 6 connections coming out. A,B,D,E,F,G. Will this work for me? 20220426_093259.jpg
20220426_093259.jpg

/ XR3037H RPM up and down after a few minutes of operation. #40  
yes, the connector link I posted will work. Not all 6 wires are used.