Yanmar Corporate Call

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #21  
yanmar has been making diesel engines for a very long time. I don't foresee them stopping unless diesel engines get outlawed.

The private label tractors that have been made, sold, and then abandoned without any service network are the ones that I'd be the most concerned about because it seems like neither the companies that marketed them nor the actual manufacturers seem to care about long term support.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #22  
I think what most people aren’t factoring in about Yanmar, is that for years they had some of the best selling cuts/subcuts in the US. They were just painted green and yellow. My JD for instance is 100% Yanmar made in Japan. When John Deere decided they would start building the majority of their own CUTS/subcuts (still slapping in a Yanmar engine), Yanmar struck a deal with cub Cadet, thinking it would continue their tractor sales in the US all without having to establish their own dealer network. That didn’t work out like the original John Deere agreement and hence Yanmar sales for cuts/subcuts crashed in the US.

I do think they are now starting to realize they need to sell them as Yanmar under their own dealerships, but had ignored that part of the equation for a long time. Establishing dealers is hard to do, and their product line is not broad enough. I do believe they are wanting to take this market seriously, but they have a ways to go to get to where they need to be.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #23  
There's a way Yanmar can get into a dealership network, and that is by copying Kubota step by step.

Many Ford-New Holland dealers picked up Kubota as a side brand when Ford sold New Holland. If you drive past New Holland dealers today, you can often see the faded signs that say "New Holland-Kubota" on the dealership sign. In fact, my manure spreader has a tag on it that says "Ford -New Holland - Kubota"

Yanmar could do the exact same thing. Partner up with New Holland. That way a New Holland dealer would have the big blue equipment for the ag side, and the red Yanmar equipment for the compact side.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #24  
There's a way Yanmar can get into a dealership network, and that is by copying Kubota step by step.

Many Ford-New Holland dealers picked up Kubota as a side brand when Ford sold New Holland. If you drive past New Holland dealers today, you can often see the faded signs that say "New Holland-Kubota" on the dealership sign. In fact, my manure spreader has a tag on it that says "Ford -New Holland - Kubota"

Yanmar could do the exact same thing. Partner up with New Holland. That way a New Holland dealer would have the big blue equipment for the ag side, and the red Yanmar equipment for the compact side.
Right now CNH is partnered up with LS. Not sure they would move away from that relationship, but anything is possible.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #25  
Right now CNH is partnered up with LS. Not sure they would move away from that relationship, but anything is possible.
LS builds for CNH, but many (most?) CNH dealers also sell other brands. Messicks is a CNH/Kubota dealer. Around here the nearest CNH dealers also sell Mahindra.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #26  
I bought a new Minix back in July, Took a look at the Yanmar and decided against it for a couple reasons. One being that I did not have a great deal of confidence that the dealer would be there in 2 or 3 years. The machine itself was decent and had good specs that were as good or better than the Kubota and Bobcat ( I ended up with the Bobcat ) ... But I was just more confident that I would have better dealer support should the need arise.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #27  
CNH has said recently they are strengthening their relationship with LS to improve their CUT/SCUT portfolio.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #28  
LS builds for CNH, but many (most?) CNH dealers also sell other brands. Messicks is a CNH/Kubota dealer. Around here the nearest CNH dealers also sell Mahindra.
Yes, I know, but what the dealer does has nothing to do with CNH corporate. I would love to see Yanmar added on with more established dealers. They are far too good to have people not consider them because of lack of good dealers.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #29  
Yes, I know, but what the dealer does has nothing to do with CNH corporate. I would love to see Yanmar added on with more established dealers. They are far too good to have people not consider them because of lack of good dealers.
That is what I was saying, But, not what you said before. You brought up CNH relationship with LS.. The LS relationship with CNH has zero to do with dealerships selling other brands. Well, maybe not zero. I don't know if any CNH dealership also sells LS because they would have too many of the same models.

Regardless, unless or until CNH acts like JD and forces dealers to shed other brands, Yanmar could just as easily replace the Mahindra or Kubota partnerships at some dealers.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #30  
This looks like a clean low hour tractor for someone in NC.

Attachments

• 1699834476528.png
    1699834476528.png
    623.5 KB · Views: 77