Yanmar Corporate Call

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #31  
My advice to Yanmar:

1) Continue expanding marketing and dealer network
2) Offer the YT3 and YM3 series in a standard HST
3) Build a tractor that's in the sweet spot between the YT235 and YT347, ~70in wheelbase, ~3000lb, HST
4) Offer the YT2 in 25hp and 40hp variants

My next tractor will be a Yanmar. Love their history and quality.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #33  
Not sure but did someone say tym is building tractors for Yanmar??

The agreement builds upon the existing cooperation between Yanmar and TYM groups, where Yanmar supplies its powerful and reliable TNV diesel engines to TYM for their range of sub compact and compact tractors.

willy

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #34  
Not sure but did someone say tym is building tractors for Yanmar??

The agreement builds upon the existing cooperation between Yanmar and TYM groups, where Yanmar supplies its powerful and reliable TNV diesel engines to TYM for their range of sub compact and compact tractors.

willy
You can read a little bit more about it here Williy:

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #36  
Should be interesting to hear what Yanmar/TYM partnership turns into.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #37  
I am wondering why should a weekend warrior with CUT need a dealer ?

to change the oil and filters? If you don't do it by yourself, this can be done in any shop.

We are a bit spoiled here, EU regulation says, guarantee can't be terminated just because maintenance personnel is wearing other colors. BTW it applies on cars too. For instance a lot of people service their Audis at VW sc. Even "no official" service centers can do the job, they just has to follow procedures of manufacturer, keep records, etc.

And a as a result of open competition a lot of dealers offer mobile services. I dont care how long service ranger has traveled. If they can combine 5 - 10 tractors for same area, it is pure win for everybody. Good, reasonable priced service, no matter how far dealer's office is. And I mean, it's not hard to combine. It's not deadly if oil is changed at 240 - 250 - 260 hours

To order spare parts? I prefer to do it myself on some online platform. Really. Just keep prices down

the only thing where the dealer is needed is warranty works

I think the need for a dealer is more because it always has been like that.
Lets look at Tesla's business model, without dealers, and it seems very appropriate to me. OK, probably Yanmar's lack of dealers is not because they are trying to be very modern 😁
But still, IMHO you are overestimating importance of dealership

~~~~~~~~

Big farmers are different story, but I mean, Yanmar is not present in that 300hp tractor market

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #38  
I am wondering why should a weekend warrior with CUT need a dealer ?

to change the oil and filters? If you don't do it by yourself, this can be done in any shop.

To order spare parts? I prefer to do it myself on some online platform. Really. Just keep prices down

the only thing where the dealer is needed is warranty works

I think the need for a dealer is more because it always has been like that.
Lets look at Tesla's business model, without dealers, and it seems very appropriate to me. OK, probably Yanmar's lack of dealers is not because they are trying to be very modern 😁
But still, IMHO you are overestimating importance of dealership
The US Yanmars sold here 40 years ago were 'world' models designed to run for years under primitive conditions and maintained only by the owner. Works for me!

Examples that are covered in the YM240 operation manual: operating without a battery. Fuel spec limited to a tablespoon of debris per 5 gallons. Nothing that you couldn't fix if you have ordinary shop tools - a socket set and torque wrench etc.

I've reached 20 years experience now with no dealer support for my 1980 Yanmars, and there's nothing a farmer or at most an auto shop couldn't easily fix. Why can't they have more models like this today, that don't need a dealer nearby?

Repairing gross user abuse, nothing reflecting Yanmar quality, is the extent of my repair experience over 20 years. On Yanmars that were 20 years old when I bought them.

(photo below).

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #39  
The US Yanmars sold here 40 years ago were 'world' models designed to run for years under primitive conditions and maintained only by the owner. Works for me!

Examples that are covered in the YM240 operation manual: operating without a battery. Fuel spec limited to a tablespoon of debris per 5 gallons. Nothing that you couldn't fix if you have ordinary shop tools - a socket set and torque wrench etc.

I've reached 20 years experience now with no dealer support for my 1980 Yanmars, and there's nothing a farmer or at most an auto shop couldn't easily fix. Why can't they have more models like this today, that don't need a dealer nearby?

Repairing gross user abuse, nothing reflecting Yanmar quality, is the extent of my repair experience over 20 years. On Yanmars that were 20 years old when I bought them.

(photo below).

That is really cool.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #40  
After owning several Yanmar built john deeres, I bought a Yanmar tractor,a Ex3200, It turned into a nightmare. At the time we had 5 dealers near by, all of them are gone now. Of those 5 dealers one had any idea on how to work on a tractor. They need quality dealers and they need to back them up if they are going to be a real player in the market.