Yanmar Corporate Call

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #41  
I bought a new Minix back in July, Took a look at the Yanmar and decided against it for a couple reasons. One being that I did not have a great deal of confidence that the dealer would be there in 2 or 3 years. The machine itself was decent and had good specs that were as good or better than the Kubota and Bobcat ( I ended up with the Bobcat ) ... But I was just more confident that I would have better dealer support should the need arise.
Tomtint, Couple of insights, : confidence that the dealer would be there in 2-3 years, I would say you are correct, a few years ago all they wanted was someone to sell the tractor, didn't matter what kind of establishment they had, service, parts was not high on their list, no real "bite" from the company to force an improvement either. The dealers that were a dealer of equipment faired much better,. and when they dissolved the outside service reps. from what I have seen didn't help the service situation. If a customer has service issues that the dealer can not repair or YA will not warranty a possible issue then you they need to contact the factory direct. It will help

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #42  
Tomtint, Couple of insights ..., a few years ago all they wanted was someone to sell the tractor, didn't matter what kind of establishment they had, service, parts was not high on their list, no real "bite" from the company to force an improvement either.
My local example: several years ago I read Yanmar had returned to the US so I looked up the dealer they listed for Santa Rosa, (north of San Francisco). My 1980 Yanmars had never seen a dealer in decades and I hoped this meant a local source for filters etc.

What I found listed, turned out to be a tiny saw sharpening service in a building the size of a two car garage. No tractors anywhere to be seen. No response to phone calls.

Later a legitimate equipment dealer in Cloverdale, another 20 miles north, became a legitimate Yanmar dealer but I've never gone up there to talk to them.

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #43  
About 8 months in with my SA325 and I love the tractor! I never had a loader on my 1994 Kubota so I am surprised by how many hours (going at 90 hours now). My dealer (“4X4 Country”) has been very good. I have the grapple and had the dealer install the diverter “3rd function“. I have been hard on the machine because it is fun in the woods. Loosing lynch pins and such and scratching paint. Bent grapple “fangs” using it on rocks Since the hydro power is stronger than the steel if not careful. I’m “diggin’ it”!

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #44  
About 8 months in with my SA325 and I love the tractor! I never had a loader on my 1994 Kubota so I am surprised by how many hours (going at 90 hours now). My dealer (“4X4 Country”) has been very good. I have the grapple and had the dealer install the diverter “3rd function“. I have been hard on the machine because it is fun in the woods. Loosing lynch pins and such and scratching paint. Bent grapple “fangs” using it on rocks Since the hydro power is stronger than the steel if not careful. I’m “diggin’ it”!

You sure are having fun Rick. 🍻

/ Yanmar Corporate Call #45  
Rick….
I’m around the corner… I know the owner of 4x4 and got my 359c from them a few weeks back..
I’ve bought many tools there over the years.. tractor, WR LONG attachments, chainsaws, weed eaters and so much more.. even a Polaris UTV, and snow plow..

It would be funny if we knew each other by sight….