Yanmar YT359C

/ Yanmar YT359C #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
Last edited:
   / Yanmar YT359C #2  
And......they will take less....they have a "make offer" tab.....

Seems like a great deal. Wish I could justify one.....

/ Yanmar YT359C #4  
Jeez, someone is going to get a great deal! Ours had 22 hours on it and all I could leverage was some extra filters and delivery.

/ Yanmar YT359C #5  
I've been thinking about this tractor, it's not that far from me. Going from a JD 4300 will be quite an upgrade. May be more tractor than I need. But was quoted $42k for a 3046r cab with loader, that is just too much. Wondering how I'll like the non hydro transmission. Guess I'll find out on Friday as I may take it for a little drive.

/ Yanmar YT359C
You'll have to report back and let us know how the test drive goes. Totally awesome machine. Way overkill for my 8 acres though, haha. Plus, I'm halfway across the country.

/ Yanmar YT359C #7  
Well, I went to look at it today. Aside from it being too big for my needs, it is a pretty sexy looking tractor. I drove it around their lot for maybe 15 minutes, trying to justify the size. Cab is roomy, good visibility. I guess I really like the feel and operation of a hydro vs the shuttle shift type mechanism this tractor has, which was probably more or less the reason I decided to pass on it. I'm not sure my wife would like the shuttle shift after driving the hydro for so many years.

If anything, today got me thinking about a new/different tractor, I'm still leaning towards a JD 3046r even though I'd never be able to touch this tractor's price point.

/ Yanmar YT359C #8  
I admit that it took a bit to switch from the two pedal setup. But, it is now second nature and really great. YMMV!

/ Yanmar YT359C #9  
I would have to agree. In my case I was coming from a manual 12 speed and boy did that give me sore wrists after a few weeks of haylage harvest not to mention clutch knee!

/ Yanmar YT359C #10  
I'm still on the fence. I JUST got pricing for the 3046r John Deere, the used one with the loader is $600 HIGHER than this tractor is, has no warranty left, is only a 2014 model too. I JUST can't justify that kind of price for a used tractor.

I can move up to a 2016 model, just shy of $38k, or a new one for $42k... These prices are really making me consider that Yanmar honestly.