Your last generator Maintenance Run

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,651  
To protect the AGS I have installed 28v relays protected by 5 amp fuses to handle the fuel, crank and pre-heat if used.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,653  
Great I may take you up on your offer!!
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,654  
That's a kind offer Patrick.... one of you will likely be up really early/late.... reminds me of daze past in the lab.....

A generic, but relevant question..... for the Generator Run Signal, logic-high is _____ volts ? (12, 5, 3.3 or___ ?).

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,655  
For test purposes When in auto I set the trigger to start at 24.5 volts and stop volts at 28 or 1 hour max run time.
In auto it would start the run sequence but immediately shut down.
Too hot outside to work so I’ll do some troubleshooting in the powerhouse.
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run
#5,656  
For test purposes When in auto I set the trigger to start at 24.5 volts and stop volts at 28 or 1 hour max run time.
In auto it would start the run sequence but immediately shut down.
Too hot outside to work so I’ll do some troubleshooting in the powerhouse.
90cummins
Are there separate voltage-sense lines 90 ? (Just curious mostly.... I suspect your current (pun-intended) situation is more related to lack of "Run" signal....).

Rgds, D.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,657  
I’ve tried type 14 which did not work. I reconfigured to type 7 and found that it works as it should if I put 28 volts to the gen sensing line #12 shortly after the engine starts to crank. The engine stays running and the alternator energizes after the 88 second time. The delay was installed for cold weather operation which gives the engine time to start & warm prior to being loaded by the generator.
When a shutdown is initiated the engine shuts down properly however the power to line 12 gen sensing line must be disconnected for the engine to be restarted.
What I have concluded is that we need to have a time delay that will put power to line 12 after the crank sequence is started but before it stops in order for it to function properly.
I installed an oil pressure switch that opens when oil pressure is present with the thought that it could control the power to line 12 utilizing relays but I'm beyond my abilities.
I posted a video on you tube under 90cummins in case the link does not work!
Thank you for your help.
90cummins

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,658  
Cool this is really good progress! Does the generator have an hour meter? We can probably take a "running" feed from that if so.
If it doesn't, I'll draw you up a circuit diagram to use a relay from the oil pressure switch.

/ Your last generator Maintenance Run #5,660  
The oil pressure switch opens at 30psi. I purchased an hour meter but it is not yet installed.
Last night I purchased a 0 to 60 second timer for time tuning the crank time if necessary.
I also have more 12 & 24 volt relays if needed.
I think I see some light at the end of the tunnel 👍
90cummins