Zd1211 blades

/ Zd1211 blades #101  
Dumb question but if the blades are .250 thick why is the machined down area .206? Wouldn’t you want it closer to .250? I ordered the blade bosses today.

/ Zd1211 blades #102  
The two washers are cupped & they flatten out when tightened down to clamp blade tight.

It didn’t make sense to me either until I took mine apart & seen the design setup.

/ Zd1211 blades #103  
I put on the g6 gator blades on my 72 side discharge ... a lot more blow out from front of deck. With it being dry it covers the whole mower ...

I mowed today in very dry conditions.

I got totally covered from blowout from under front of deck.

Headwind or Tailwind either one made it AWFUL.

I Needed Safety Glasses on but I was 1/4 mile from house or shop so I kept mowing getting eyefuls of clippings, dust & grit.

I can’t handle that mess at all

I’ll be on my 72 RD next time it’s dusty like this.

/ Zd1211 blades #104  
In dry conditions I want the flattest standard blade I can find. No mulching blades, no high lift blades. Think about it.

/ Zd1211 blades #105  
My major complaint with my ZD1211-72 and ZD326-60 is the amount of dust they create in dry conditions (with any kind of blade). They both will literally cover you with dirt in a matter of minutes. The 72" is the worst. My old ZD21-60 is not so bad. For me the mulching blades seem to create less blowout then standard ones.

/ Zd1211 blades #106  
Rear Discharge keeps the operator Way cleaner but the radiator catches the crud & clippings & you have to keep it clean or it’ll run HOT.

Pick your Poison I guess :D

/ Zd1211 blades #107  
97E003DE-631E-48FA-8B06-749D927AB140.jpegThe gator blades are very good I have used them myself however I would like to share my experience with them.
I had a set on my SCAG STHM 3 wheel 61 mower.
The deck is manually raised with a boat style hand winch which requires considerable time to raise if you hit something.
I have struck many rocks & stumps in the process of expanding my lawn.
I was mowing the lawn one day when the blade broke.
I recovered the broken end days later
My advice is to inspect the radius for cracks every time you sharpen them.
This is not limited to gator blades but any blade with a machined radius.

Attachments

• B211299C-7DB3-477E-9F24-5FB01C43BCA9.png
    B211299C-7DB3-477E-9F24-5FB01C43BCA9.png
    4 MB · Views: 120
   / Zd1211 blades #108  
Yikes. I've never seen a blade crack like that, but I guess it happens. I'll pay closer attention to mine when I sharpen them. I know you gotta do what you gotta do when reclaiming lawn, but it does appear they have received some harsh duty!

/ Zd1211 blades #109  
Yikes. I've never seen a blade crack like that, but I guess it happens. I'll pay closer attention to mine when I sharpen them. I know you gotta do what you gotta do when reclaiming lawn, but it does appear they have received some harsh duty!

They did!!
After that event I inspected the other 6 spare blades and they were all cracked.
Some rocks are too large to remove and although I tried to be careful things happen.
My wife uses a hydro walk behind and she痴 gotten hung up also.
I should have known better given my background but it never crossed my mine.
Every blade I inspected before I sharpen.

90cummins

/ Zd1211 blades #110  
I put on the g6 gator blades on my 72 side discharge. There’s definitely more air flow out of the deck, but a lot more blow out from front of deck. With it being dry it covers the whole mower ....

My OEM Blades on 72 SD cut great & must have more vacuum lifting grass & blowing it out the side chute.
The G6 Gator Blades clippings are finer BUT I’m going back to stock blades because of the excessive blowout from under front of deck covering me up.